HIV Prevention Community
How long does HIV survive outside the body?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

How long? few minutes? few seconds? or immediately?  I had read  the answer on the website of CDC is :Scientists and medical authorities agree that HIV does not survive well outside the body, making the possibility of environmental transmission remote. and I also read :there are 8 causes "Human Immunodeficiency Virus Transmission in Household Settings — United States.” BUT I can read some answers of export in medhelp are : the virus dies  when they are outside the body.  I was puzzled, and Which answers are accurate?
so in saying that, as soon as the blood hits air it dies?
The virus isn't alive, it is either active or inactive. HIV is not transmitted outside it's host.
I' m very glad to read your answer and could you please explain what's the "host" mean? Body or body fluid(such as blood)?
The person that is infected is the HOST.
If there was a gush of blood from the wound and the blood touch someone open wound, is this people infected?