HIV Prevention Community
I am doomed people - scary HIV symptoms!!!

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Well after testing -@26days via rapid HIV test, next day I woke up with the mouth full of oral thrush. My tongue is white and I am keep scraping stuff of it. No matter how long I do it, I am still able to scrape white sleuth. And another thing is am getting more and more moles all over my body, particularly chest and stomach. I am so terrified. How could this happen if I used a condom? But then I am told not every type of latex condom protects you. So after heaving flue like symptoms that lasted for 5 days 3 days after an encounter with escort, two weeks after followed by blood in semen, here I am!

I know that if I am positive I will shoot myself. I feel like this is it, end of the line for me. I am trying to justify oral thrush, maybe that is  from antibiotics I was given to take for 10 days because they (ER doctors) thought I had STD's because of blood in semen. All that came back negative. But how come I am just getting covered with small moles, all over?

Has anybody honestly had anything like that happen to them?
Tags: test, thrush
Keep your drama, no one wants to here it. Latex condoms are 100% effective if you use them correctly, consistantly and with plenty of water base lube. How did it happen? It didn't, you do not get infected with a correctly used condom. Your signs and symptoms are in no way related to HIV.
One of the most common complications of antibiotic usage is yeast overgrowth.  Moles are not related to HIV.  Your test was
negative, you do not have HIV.  

Lex,

Try to get a hold of yourself. First, none of your symptoms are HIV related. As a previous poster pointed out, you more than likely correctly diagnosed yourself when you mentioned your antibiotic useage. Guess what? That can cause the mouth issues that you are having. Even if not on antibiotics, healthy people get thrush every day. Not so common, but it definitely happens.

Next, the appearance of moles isn't a symptom of HIV. It just isn't. If you are worried about your "symptoms", by all means, visit a doctor to discuss them. But they have nothing to do with HIV.

Finally, a latex condom is effective at blocking transmission of HIV. Not all latex condoms are effective at blocking HIV? Where did you hear this?

And, just an aside, the idea of shooting oneself because of an HIV diagnosis is ludicrous. For many, HIV has become a manageable illness. I understand the emotions that might prompt you to say this, but please, I would hate to be HIV positive and read such a thing.

To sum up, you don't have HIV. What you do have is HIV anxiety. A nd what I would recommend that you do is visit with a trained therapist who can help you work this out.

Good luck with your anxiety.
Unlike your possible exposure, I had a potentially very risky possible exposure. Afterwards I got very sick with swollen neck, underarm and groin lymph nodes, a flu like illness, white tongue, amongst a bunch of other strange physical issues. I was essentially 100% convinced I had contracted HIV. I took a bunch of tests starting at 7 weeks. I finally stopped getting tests when my 6 month test came back negative. DO NOT convince yourself you have contracted HIV based on your own interpretation of what you see as symptoms! Rely on the test results and best of luck to you!