I know it was stupid..now I am freaked
Hi, first time poster here.  18 days ago I had unprotected oral (giving and receiving) and vaginal sex with a man three times each that day with him cumming only the last time but not within me.  14 days ago, I had unprotected vaginal sex with him and he came within me.  On the last occasion, I had broken skin on one side of my vulva.  He does have herpes but did not have any apparent sores on either occasion, although, he did have the beginning of a cold sore on his lip.  We did talk about HIV testing and he claimed he was completely clean.  He is a Caucasian, former Navy officer medically retired in 2007 due to a stroke in 2006 (for which he is still under a doctor's care) who was married for 18 years, divorced, remarried and has a 9 month old son and his wife just had a miscarriage after two months.  I know it was stupid but he claimed to be in love with me and ready to marry me.

Last week, one week after my last encounter with him, I developed a low grade fever that lasted three days with a slight fever the evening of the fourth day and no fever since.  I developed a genital ulcer in the spot where the broken skin on my vulva had been but then, the next day, I developed little blisters that grew together and became an ulcer next to it.  I also discovered three ulcers right at the opening to my vagina. I have one new blister that has now burst next to the original blister on my vulva.   I had no other symptoms except loss of appetite, but I have been dieting pretty seriously and I have been WORRIED sick.  Yesterday, 13 days after my last encounter, I had a very slight sore throat.  This morning, I have one tender lymph gland on the back of my head/neck.  Today, I have no sore throat but my tonsils are showing a few white spots.  I should mention that I have been fighting chronic tonsilitis since early July  and so my tonsils have been slightly inflamed already.

I have had no other symptoms.  I know I am freaked over not much.  I suspect I have contracted herpes and, while I am not thrilled with that, I can deal with it.  What makes me MORE crazy is thinking I might have HIV.  I have barely slept, barely eaten and spend all my time looking for symptoms online (I know, stupid).  I will be tested as soon as is possible, but should I be overly concerned in the meantime?  

Thank you...

Thank you so much for your help.  

3 month test will be conclusive.
Thank you.  I intend to get tested.  I guess I am just trying to find a LITTLE peace so I can sleep.  *smile*  But honestly, thank you for your post.
He would have been tested regularly if he was in the military (at least, up until 2007). If he  isn't a bisexual then the chance that he has HIV is close to zero.
I am almost 100 certain he is not bisexual...and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your response.  Thank you.