HIV Prevention Community
I need answers!!! I'm paranoid!

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I need answers!!! I'm paranoid!

Hey Doc, I had unprotected sex with a girlfriend of mine about 10 weeks ago! Since then I had a tingling in my throat and brushed it off thinking it was an bacterial throat infection! One day day my whole neck became really hot but it didn't hurt to touch! I also felt warm! This went away and about 3 weeks later it came back but lasted about 3-4 days! I read HIV articles on Lymph Nodes and became really paranoid! It said it is HIV if all your nodes are swollen so I was relieved since my neck glands were the only thing that had become swollen! But 3 days after that my nodes in my groin started to pulse! My neck is no longer swollen anymore but my nodes in my groin still pulse randomly! This all was in the span of 7 days! What does this mean???

This discussion is related to Homosexual Encounter - HIV risk.
not the drs forum
Symptoms means nothing, if you had unprotecetd sex, then you should tets, a test now would be more than 98% accurate, wait two more weeks for a conclusive result.
If it went away and then came back it isnt HIV related. By the way lymph nodes dont pulse anyway, it probably just your nerves.
When Lymph Nodes are HIV related would the all swell at the same time???
First of all symptoms are non realated to HIV only a test can prove!

A Test in ur case is about 98-99% sure! go and get ur test and get ur live.

+ i remember when i was Anxity+Stressed i had swollen lymfe nodes and could feel my lymfenodes were swollen to.
Yes they would all swell at the same time. You can not self diagnose swollen lymph nodes, a doctor needs to diagnose that because self diagnosis is not accurate. Its easy to feel around and feel a natural bump on the body and assume its a swollen node, that doesnt mean it is indeed a swollen node.

Go see your doctor for any health issues and get an HIV test, 10 weeks is far enough out to get an accurate test.
Thnkz guyz!
FYI...that isn't your lymph nodes pulsing...that is an actual pulse point where you can palpate the pulse.

And I agree...you cannot self diagnose swollen nodes.
Brad is right. have u been anxity+stressed at same time? i could remember when i was anxity+stressed CONSTANTLY! Suddenly after some weeks i could feel a swollen-  lymfe node because i made my body think there were something wrong with out any reason+when ur body get warm its because of anxity+stress and that can corse swollen lymfe node to... Go and get your test at 10 weeks the reason they say 12 weeks is that they are conservativ so if you have made something in the time period then they would have seen at 12 weeks... the doctors on the site say,s that haver never seen a test turn positiv at 6 weeks.
Oh yea I've been crazy stressd with alot of anxiety! Yea well it was only my neck glands that were sore! Than I read about its HIV if your nodes in groin are sore as well! Then i became paranoid of any activity in my groin area and put almost all my atttention there and thats when they started to pulsate :S im so sill sometimes!!!
Please do not read symptoms, they are not a indication of Hiv , 99% of people who come and shows their symptoms have nothing to do with HIV, And only 50% of people who are infected with HIV Have the symptoms. When you stressed+anxity you can get your body to get all symptoms if you say to ur self that there is something wrong then your body will get it and feel it to! chill down and get your test at 10 weeks! thats the only prove.
Thnkz Bud Ill get one 2morro =)
No problem next time practic safe sex if you dont know your partners HIV status do never have unsafe sex , if you know the status you can have it much safer. Big lucks from here for the test.!