HIV Prevention Community
I tested negative and my friend did also
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I tested negative and my friend did also

I had a previous question regarding having unprotected anal sex receiving and giving with another guy friend.
I recently found out that he has tested negative and actually showed me proof that he was negative and I have also tested and was negative too. Regarding the sexual act is there slim chance of him being in the window period if he hasn't had any high risk exposures within the last 3 months, I haven't either also, also his test that he took was four weeks after me and him were together.  
11 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
At 4 weeks, most standard antibody tests would have detected atleast 90 % of newly acquired HIV infections. However testing at 4 weeks is far from conclusive. The degree of his previous exposures, if they were indeed exposures are irrelevant. An exposure = risk of HIV infection. You and your friend can obtain your conclusive results at 3 months post exposure using an approved standard antibody test. Hope this helps. Take care.
Blank
I've been trying to get a well put out answer my friend hasn't had any exposures to HIV and neither have I because i always practice safe sex and he does too, my last encounter was well Over 6 months ago and was indeed protected and his was 5 months ago which was oral sex performed on him. If both us hasn't had Any other encounters except for ourselves, how likely would either one of us to have HIV, I do understand 3 months is conclusive.
Blank
You never had an exposure.
Blank
Okay is there a chance that the test could be false or can I move on from this incident
Blank
Move along.
Blank
Thank you and I've learned to use protection regardless  
Blank
I'm still worrying from this, now I'm thinking what ifs, like his test could be wrong or he's in the window period still. Is it all in my head or is both testing negative a fair sign of being okay please give me input please  
Blank
186166_tn?1385262982
his test is irrelevant considering the fact that you had NO RISK
Blank
I'm being sure you guys read my previous thread about him and I having unprotected anal sex with each other although we both tested negative
Blank
Can someone please put their input based upon my situation, I'm very confused on what to believe or if this stuff is in my head, even though I had unprotected anal sex with my guy friend. We both tested negative for HIV, what does this make of the situation.
Blank
5870831_tn?1376200649
You have never had an risk move on!!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity