I think I screwd up. Please give advice
Mid February of this year I was in South America and recieved a two hour message which included me getting a unprotected blow job.  Cant say how long it lasted, but it was significant.  Next day developed burning sensation, almost like a prostate problem with no drainage.  I was worried about an STD so I took 7 days of Cipro starting 5 days after the encounter.  When I got back to the States I saw my local doctor for a urine test.  Tested ok, but he gave me a one time shot of antibiotic just in case.  I have a long time girlfriend and about 12 to 14 days after we had sex after I came back she came down sick.  Sypthoms included sneezing, nasal drainage, very tired, cough, fever for about 6 days ranging from 99 to 101.  Doc put her on nasal meds and antibotic, he told her something was going around.  Three days after taking the antibotics she developed a itchy rash on her back and stomach.  Changed the meds, doc said the rash was hives from the meds and it went away after a total of about 5 days.  Her flue sypthoms lasted about 8 days.  I AM VERY SCARED I GAVE HER HIV.  Ive read every site on the web, some say its possible to get HIV from getting a blow job.  That never crossed my mind until a friend told me you can get HIV from a oral sex.  What should I do.  I have had no sympthoms.
sneezing and nasal drainage is a good clue that her symptoms are not  HIV related.As a matter of fact symptoms don't mean anything.
Oral sex is not totally risk free. It is low low risk but it is indeed a risk. Some people say no not from oral but my advice to is to
Read what the CDC says about it. They are the experts not me.
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/qa19.htm
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/oralsexqa.htm
You can't get HIV from receiving a Blow Job. No transmission mechanism probable. Also, not even one recorded case of an individual contracting HIV in that fashion.

Please seek counseling and move on, your problems are unrelated to HIV.
I wanted to post an update because you dont see many after the initial question.  After loosing 10 lbs, and driving myself crazy for nine weeks I went to Planned Parenthood today and they did a test for HIV.  NEGATIVE.....   To maybe help others out there who have recieved oral sex, the tech that did my test has never seen a positive test from someone who has recieved a blow job, however he sees many who get exposed to other STDs from oral sex like Clamydia, Gonnerea, Herpes and Syphilis.  Because I started the Cipro immediatley I will never know if I actually had anything, but I suspect yes.  To tell you the truth I thought BJ's were completely safe.

My advise to anybody out there thinking about any type of sex. First make sure you are in a committed relationship with someone you know is clean, Second wear a condom.

I wanted to thank the above for responding to my initial question.  Your responses helped me but I just had to get a confirmation.

FYI...Cipro does not kill herpes, chlamydia nor syphilis...actually they don't even recommend it for gonorrhea anymore either.  Did you get tested for those STDs as well?
You don't get HIV from getting a blow job. No one has ever gotten HIV from receiving a blow job.
I really respect your advice Teak so what would you say to the CDC and siteheld with respect to oral sex and HIV transmission?
I am not an expert nor do I claim to be. I only follow what the experts say, the CDC.
I don't even have HIV so I guess I don't know much.The CDC say that about 8% of the cases in the world are from oral. It also states that many of these people did not know that  oral sex was a mode of contraction.
Congrats on your results. Don't put yourself in that situation again.You know your state of mind and no matter what other people tell you  it won't work.For this reason I always get the person tested before sexual contact. From my last experience too, I have decided to take it a few steps further for prevention.I am a worrier .
Three months of not sleeping is hell. five minutes of pleasure is not worth three months of sleepless nights and possibly a life time of ----I really can't describe it because i  really don't know.
After the encounter I started Cipro and Erthimisin (sp) which was self prescribed after much research on what to take for STD's.  At the time I was in South America and not near my Dr.  Once I got home I was tested by the doc who also gave me a one time shot, which he said would kill anything, but I cant remember the name of the antibiotic.

I also read the CDC website which is what got me so worked up about HIV, which led to me getting tested.  I also read other countless web sites and articles.  There seems to be some disagreements amoung the experts if Oral Sex is safe or not.

After this experience I do not see myself ever receiving a BJ without protection.  For that that matter it is my prayer I never stray again.  My body cant handle that kind of stress and guilt.

Good luck to all
MINE EITHER