HIV Prevention Community
I want to close the book on my HIV concern. 6 Month Conslusive, still ...

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I want to close the book on my HIV concern. 6 Month Conslusive, still scared. Teak, Lizzie Lou, can you help me?

Last week I received my 6 month HIV test at school.  1st of all, two things concerned me right away: 1) the method used was the OraQuick Advance Mouth Swab, and 2) a student intern conducted my test.
Needless to say the result was Negative.  Still, I wonder about the accuracy of such a test conducted by a student.

I have read on this forum that 3 months gives a conclusive result. I wanted to believe that, but I had seen so many places that 6 months was conclusive, I just couldn't get that out of my head.  So now I have my 6 month negative, yet I can't accept it.  I had an extremely high risk situation, and for the past month I have been experiencing what is surely ARS symptoms: fatigue, fever, muscle aches, swollen lymph nodes, and a horrible rash.

Teak and Lizzie Lou, you 2 seem to know so much and help so many people on this forum.  Can you please help me?   How can I believe my Negative result despite such a high risk situation and despite my recent onslaught of ARS Symptoms.  What I believe to be an ARS Rash is present to this day, and has been on my trunk for over a month now.  I am so scared.  Is it possible that this is my body reacting to late seroconversion?  Was the OraQuick Advance Mouth Swab reliable, despite the fact a student intern conducted the test?  Are these tests reliable anyways? Also, my blood pressure has been extremely high of late -- after never having high blood pressure?  Could this also be part of my late seroconversion?
all they are gonna tell you is that your 6 month test is surely conclusive and that you tested way past 12 weeks the recomended guideline,, and your symptoms do not indicate hiv so you should see a doctor becuase it is not hiv related,, and you do not have hiv
Thats exactly what theyre going to say. And u betta believe it.
You need to let this go. You do not have HIV. Believe it. You need to become a monk, move to the mountains and never have sex again if you cannot get a grip on this reality. It's ok to let this go and move on. Seriously.
RELIABLE AND CONCLUSIVE

END OF CONVERSATION ! ! !
very familiar