HIV Prevention Community
Im infected

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Im infected

As I spoke on this forum before and still feeling very scary...as i had a sexual encounters wid prostitutes in Pattaya Bangkok aprrox 3 1/2 months back on 9 NOV'10 and 10 NOV'10 and had unprotected oral sex and safe vaginal sex WITH CONDOM(as far as i know)....but since coming back frm there i started  to have health complications I fell sick on 3 Dec'10..(had fever,body ache and vomiting) ...i consulted doctor fr the same who tld me its sinus infection and gave certain antibiotic tablets and drips on the same day ..along wid anti allergic  medication...which I took fr almost 5 days ...after that i developed more complications...and lost my appetite completely ..and hardly ate anythng at all fr next 6 days and even had lots of pain on the right side of my abdominal..which is stil there..and went to clinic again on 13 Dec'10 where doctor performed all kinds of tests on me which includes Hepatitis A,Liver function test,whole abdominal scan,full blood count (in which RDW counts was higher like 16.4% as per normal range should be (11.5-14.5%) and monocytes% was 15.40% normal value is (2.0-10.0%) and other monocytes was 1.150% k/ul wherein normal range is 0.200-0.800, Hepatitis B surface Ant igen (non recative),Hepatitis A Igm Spec Abs (NON REACTIVE) ...AND diagnosed that I have HEPATITIS A AND should go fr the treatment of the same and traveled  back to my country fr the same ...where the other doctor recommended fr some other tests which include...HEPATITIS E Igm Qualitative  ...which came (POSITIVE ), ANTI HCV (ELISA)..WHICH CAME NEGATIVE,ANTI HBcAg IGM (ELISA)...WHICH ALSO CAME NEGATIVE ...BUT ALL LIVER FUNCTION TEST SHOWED MY BILIRUBIN COUNT WAS HIGH AND HAVE ALL SYMPTOMS OF HEPATITIS E AND   WAS TREATED FR THE SAME ALL THIS WHILE FR ALMOST 38 DAYS AND LOST AROUND 8 KGS OF BODY WEIGHT AND 2 INCHES RM THE WAIST...I WAS CURED AND BILIRUBIN COUNT WAS LESS THEN 0.5% IN THE TEST DATED 18 JAN'11.AFTER THAT I STARTED WORKING AGAIN AND HAD THIS CONSTANT PAIN ON MY RIGHT SIDE OF THE STOMACH WHICH MY DOCTOR TLD ME BEACUSE OF SPASM DUE HEPATITIS E AND AFTER A WEEK OF WORK I STARTED TO HAVE LOT OF COUGH AND CHEST PAIN AND IN BETWEEN HAD SMALL LYMPH NODES BEHIND MY RIGHT EAR WHICH WERE NT PAINFUL AND STARTED  BECOMING SMALLER AFTER 2 WEEKS...NOW THAT COUGH HAS GRADUALLY GROWN TO DRY COUGH(4 WEEKS NOW). FATIGUE ....justlet u know I am also suffering from Sinusitis since 2005 and IBS(irritable bowel syndrome)..SO SAME HAS ALSO INCREASED AND HAS RUNNING NOSE ALSO FRM LAST 4 WEEKS....NONE OF THESE THINGS ARE GOING AWAY AND I FEEL IM STILL LOSING WEIGHT WHICH I FEEL ....ALL OF THIS IS SCARING ME..PLEASE HELP ME DOES ANY OF THESE ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF HIV OR ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTION TESTS HELP ME FINDING MY STATUS ...WHATS WRONG WID ME.....IS HIV OR NT??? PLEASEEEEEEEE HELP
As far as I picked up, you were never at HIV risk if you remembered correctly about your protection. You will never catch it through oral sex. Since it is almost over 3 months, get yourself tested for HIV antibody now, and get all the worries out of your way.

Symptoms are always misleading, never focus much on them, more you think about them, more you feel them. Also keep alcohol away while you are with a woman of unknown status, they do not mix well.
Can anyone else please throw some light on the same???
Thanx teak....but my problems are growing..just to know does any of this is related to anythng possible problem??/thats it and I am done frm here....
Doesn't have anything to do with HIV. See your doctor if you are concerned.
DuDe....Don't make the title like this. I thought you get infected with HIV. In fact, you infected with HEPATITIS A. It is normal you have all the symptoms if you have Hepatitis A. You doctor did a series of tests, but not including HIV?    
I know dude..and im sorry fr that I never meant anything such thing deliberately....My doctor only tested me for HEPATITIS A... he never did any test which are related to HIV...the reason Im worried that i dont get myseelf involved in any sexual acts of such kind and is still very worried as i fell sick before and now have other things going on...which I described above....Hope everything is fine and TEAK is 100 % correct....as im relying lot on his answers......sorry fr the wrong title once again....
Thanks teak ..i got my results last week(ELISA FOR HIV ANTIBODY 1 AND 2) and it came  back negative....hope u on continuing the gud job for all....wish u best of health....