HIV Prevention Community
I'm reeeaaallllyyy freaking out please help doctors

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Ok dr please assess me I'm a heterosexual that has been in a monogamous relationship for a year and some months now so about a month ago I was curious so I had sex with a gay male, in which I was the top and he bottomed, btw at the time before the encounter I was hiv negative and disease free, so before I had inter course with the guy I asked if he was hiv negative and disease free he said yes , he got tested a month before and provide paper work too so we went on to have sex. In the heat of the moment we had unprotected sex for about 10 mins or so then I came to my senses and threw a condom on and there were no scratches, cut, or sores on my penis or his anys.I was freaking out after and about 3 weeks later I got a oraquick antibody test and it came out negative so I contacted the guy from the encounter and he was just as scared as I was so he got tested again about 3 weeks after the encounter too and he too is negative and being a month passing I got another oraquick test and it was negative too so now I'm freaking out because I don't want because of this one time stupid decision ruin my life of my girlfriends life so now I did a rna test from labcorp and I'm waiting on those results and I have not have any HIV or ARS Symtoms (symptoms) just anxiety PLEEEEEAAAASSSE PLEEEEEAAAASSSE doctor assess my risk could I have hiv please tell me
You had a risk of unprotected anal sex. You need to have an antibody test at three months post exposure for a conclusive result. The fact that ur partner test negative also should be reasurring to you.  Get tested after four weeks with a duo for a good indication followed by an antibody test at three months for a conclusive result. Use condoms and be honest with your girlfriend. The guilt with just make you more anxious
How about the hiv rna test after a month is that good many doctors on here says it also conclusive
Their are no test sold or marketed to give a conclusive answer before three months.
Rna tests are not fda approved for diagnosis of hiv. And also have a high rate of false positives. You really shouldnt be worried since your partner tedted negative for hiv. It would be unlikely for him to be in the window period especially since he showed you results for the previous time he was tested
A DUO at 4 weeks would be reassuring, but not conclusive.  A standard antibody test at 3 months will be conclusive.  It's understandable you would be anxious about this, but try to resist the urge to over test, and search the internet constantly.

Telling your GF is something only you can decide to do.  If you don't, be sure to consistently use condoms for any insertive sex until you have you conclusive result.
I'm in the USA and we don't have the DUO but the hiv rna test is the closest early detection we have and lab doctor said it shows hiv detection from 9-11 days of exposure anything after they said test is 99% accurate, I'm using testing from Quest Diagnostics. But at last my mind is at ease my partner at the time is assured hiv negative and later tested tested 3 weeks later hiv negative again and I'm post hiv negative so it's looking good just waiting for rna results tomorrow or so thank you guys :)
Yes we do have the duo test in the US.
Really I'm in NYC are there any test sites there?
Yes they are in NYC.
Ooooo it's called the Eliza test over here sorry for the confusion...the rna test im getting is from quest diagnostics and its FDA approved so hopefully the results are reliable I'm praying to god everything comes back good and negative..thanks guys your a big help, fingers cross for me
The PCR-RNA test is a supplemental test used in conjunction with an antibody test. It's not used as a standalone test  to diagnose HIV.