HIV Prevention Community
Indeterminate Western Blot

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Indeterminate Western Blot

I went to the doctors to get routine blood work done, I told him to check for everything just to be on the safe side. I'm 25 and have only been with 2 people. I got my results back from my blood work and everything was good except my western blot test was indeterminate because they found strands of P24. Obviously I was freaking out so i went out and took Oraquick which came back negative. I have to go back for a repeated test. but in the meantime i've taken 4 oraquick tests in a 3 month period and every single one has come back negative. What are my chances of this being a false positive? I havent had any symptoms and both the people I have been with are both HIV negative.
WB is not used for diagnosing HIV it is used for a confirmative test which you had nothing to confirm. You don't have HIV.
Then why was my doctor acting more nervous than i was? He made it seem that its very uncommon that a western blot is indeterminate. I was actually more positive about it before i talked to him. But thank you very much! i appreciate your response