HIV Prevention Community
Indeterminate test

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Indeterminate test

Doctor I was approached by a woman that advised me that she had been in a relationship with my soon to be exhusband and carried herpes so I should get tested. My ex and I had not had sex vaginal of oral for approx 5 weeks and I went into get tested for everything.  My hiv test came back indeterminate and positive to one antibody?  I cannot speak for my ex behavior so I have no idea what he did of didn't do?  In my fear I purchased an at home oral hiv test kit a d took it.  I tested negative.  I'm concerned about the results from the doctor?  He will retest again in a month but in the mean time I'm falling apart.  I am hypothyroid, was extreme dehydrated the day of the test?   What do these results mean??? Help?
The relationship with the woman was several years prior to us marrying
Well you have a negative test, but any positive test should be followed up with a WB. Why is Dr waiting 1 month to retest?
I don't know he was very rude an insistent on waiting a month.  
Can I put some faith of peace of mind in the negative results?  And does being hypothyroid have anything to do with it reading indeterminate ?
What you claim does not make any sense.
What do you mean?
Did you test 3 months post your last unprotected vaginal and or anal sex?
Well it's been a little over a month since last vaginal sex.  No anal at all.  I just really (I know naive) don't understand most of this.  Had to test because of "previous" relationship my husband had?  My doc told me over the cell phone and doesn't answer questions? Do I'm lost looking for my own answers.  
You test 3 months post exposure to obtain your conclusive test results.
Are the over the counter saliva tests at all reliable?
You in the US?