HIV Prevention Community
Interested in understranding Transmission,

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

hey forum, I'm quite interested in understanding this virus further, I'm a strengthologist, and I study anything and everything really,

I'm interested in this whole "transmission" I understand transmission can occur,
Body fluids, example, blood, semen, vaginal secretions, etc, Saliva has a low count and unless french kissing etc probably unlikely,

The virus doesn't live well outside the body from my understanding, anywhere up to several hours In specific conditions, essentially once the blood or fluid is dry the issue is gone entirely? I've also heard the rumor the virus is either "active" or "inactive" never actually "dead" which is probably incorrect, but Hoping someone here can clear it up,

The body is at 37 degrees, so therefore this guys theoretical thought was "if the needles at 37 degrees and you land on it, regardless of time day or date, theres a possibility of infection"

My personal story,

I'm a fitness athlete, I was in a public park, I planted my hand on something sharp which resembed a syringe tip, But i doubt this, assuming theoretically I did plant my hand on this syringe, it looked like it had been there for a good while, at least 3 to 14 days, I'm not overly concerned about this, I'm running the correct caution of getting tests done, But I'd like to remove this whole "stigma" rubbish that societys thrown at this disease like its the new leppers from the middle ages,

Anyone here willing to give me an educated answer would be great,

Aside from that, my third and final question is, for example if I wanted to get a haircut, the barber cut me with a razer and I've had this injury, Would I risk passing it on to the next person or the barber at all? I've heard rumors about this and I'd like to get a direct answer on this as well, I'm pretty sure this is a "rumor" nothing more but just wondering,

thanks forum!
Tags: HIV, needle stick, AIDS, rumor, stigma
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Thankyou Teak, I'm still a little further interested in,

IV drug users or sharing works, How does the Virus maintain its life within a syringe or blood works, when you say it cannot live outside the host body how does that actually work? you're saying it directly has to go from one body to another?

I'm interested more so in the syringe, because thats where its outside the host but somehow still active, its like Isolating the virus in a small glass sylinder or? Thanks for this,
The blood in the syringe is not exposed to air and it is injected into a vein.
I understand, thanks! :D

Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers