Is there a high risk of contracting HIV with Anal Tease?
Hello, around six months ago I met a guy online and we agreed to meet in person after chatting for awhile. I did not have sex with him--there was no penetration--but he did rub his penis around my anus. According to him, his HIV status at the time was negative, but I recently reconnected with him and he stated "I don't know" on his HIV status which immediately made me worry. How long hadn't he known? So, my primary question is, is there a high risk of HIV contraction if a man rubs the head of his penis (with some precum) around the anus, even if he doesn't penetrate? To make matters more embarassing, I sometimes have exterior hemmheroids that appear from my anus, and it worries me if the HIV virus can pass along through there with precum alone?  Once again, its on the exterior. Please, let me know. I've already conducted the STD blood test and I am nervously awaiting the results.Thank you for your time and I hope I can rest my mind a little bit. There was also some oral sex involved as well. What are the risks there too?
Thank you, but I just want to specify that I have an exterior hemmheroid. Could the virus enter through one of those sensitive blood vessels or is it too exposed to be considered a risk?
Thank you...That makes me feel a lot better.
THEORETICALLY, this could be considered a very low risk, only because hemorrhoids are very vascular.  If the perfect circumstances for transmission would be maintained (which would be very difficult in your scenario), it wouldn't be impossible.

Please understand, that I am not in any way saying you had a risk.  I wouldn't worry a bit, or even recommend testing.  I'm just trying to explain that in situations where infectious fluid came in contact with a vascular hemorrhoid (or something with the potential for bleeding, like an anal fissure), transmission would be possible.  

Thank you, I already submitted the bloodwork; now I'm just awaiting the results. I need to ask though, in my head I almost think that HIV can be transmitted as easily as a cold, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. How sensitive is the virus?
PERIOD, huh?  LOL.  I'm unsure of your backround or knowledge level, joel, since you are brand new here, but maybe it would behoove you to read the link I'm going to share for the OP.  

Allentown, like I said, there would be a theoretical risk, due to the vascular hemorrhoids.  Theoretical, and actual are two different things. I just mainly wanted to clarify for the readers the connection bewteen hemorrhoids and/opr fissures to an increased risk.  

I searched the expert forum to find something to reference for you that would support what I told you, and found an almost identical scenario.  Please read what the doctor had to say.  As you notice, there is nothing to worry about, but the information from the doctor is pretty close to what I have said..  

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/hemroids-and-HIV/show/256551
I forgot to address your last question.

HIV is a "blood borne" illness, in which it MUST directly reach the bloodstream to allow for infection.  Also, it is a VERY fragile virus.  The outer shell of the virus starts to break down, rendering it inactive and unable to infect, when it is exposed to air.  

No, it's NOTHING like a cold, which would be spread via droplets (coughing, sneezing).  Night and day.  HIV is actually a VERY hard virus to transmit.
Thank you nursegirl6572 and joelipod; you have both been very helpful. Although I am still a little worried I am less angsty. You have no idea how much this has taken a toll on my psyche; I was very scared and you helped alleviate that, so I thank you.
Also, one thing I needed to say as well because it's been on my mind frequently and worrying me is that a few months after the encounter with this guy, I was diagnosed witn mononucleosis which replicated a lot of the symptoms of the beginning phases of HIV. My lymph nodes became swollen; My throat hurt. I went to an ear, throat, and nose doctor, ran a blood test, and the test confirmed I had mono... but what worries me is that I was given medication that contains penicillin, and I broke out into itchy hives a few days after taking meds. I am scared because these are all symptoms of recently acquired HIV. The hives appeared throughout all of my body and I'm scared that I may have been misdiagnosed. I'm very worried!
ars comes at 2-4 WEEKS after infection...not a few months later
Okay, thank you! I also wanted to draw your attention to my previous question about the anal teasing. I read one of your posts saying that the risk is very minimal to none, but I worry because I have external hemmheroids and the guy I was with was poking around in that area without a condom. He never penetrated, but I'm worried some precum may have latched on and something may have entered my bloodstream. I've already had two very reliable and helpful sources comment, but I'd also like to hear your advice. Thank you!
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.