Is this oral thrush?
The back of my tongue/throat has been like this going on 6 months now.It became like this a month after a high risk exposure.Im freaking out because it looks exactly like oral thrush and now I am terrified I got it from HIV.Only thing is most of you are saying Oral Thrush is only a late symptom of HIV.Can it be an early symptom at all? I was healthy with no underlying health conditions before I got this.It does not hurt or bleed when I brush it off but it will not go away and I brush 3 times a day and mouth wash with listerine 2 times a day.HELP!

Ok the picture I posted will not post in the thread so I uploaded it in my profile pics.If anyone could take a look and give me some feedback that would be much appreciated!
Thrush is not HV specific and if you have had it as long as you've stated you wouldn't be on the Internet. You cannot self diagnose thrush. It has to be diagnosed by a doctor.
"if you have had it as long as you've stated you wouldn't be on the Internet" what do ypu mean? i did not understand? i also have white coating on the back of my tongue?
I did not undertstand what you ment either Teak.I am completley aware you can't self diagnose thrush over the internet but it looks like all the pics of oral thrush ive seen on HIVDENT.com

It just scares the **** outta me because I made a stupid mistake and now I have what looks like oral thrush.My throat and back of my tongue had never looked like that up until my exposure.What am I supposed to think? It was just a coincidence?
You would be to ill to play on the Internet. Everytime you swollow it's very painful.
So than it looks like oral thrush but most likley it isnt because im not experiencing any pain? I don't know why my throat and tongue would look nasty like that.Its never been like that before and I practice good oral hygiene.

Well as long as theres no way I could have got oral thrush a month after a exposure I will stop freaking out.So you can pretty much 100% assure me that people with HIV only get oral thrush in the late stages progressing towards AIDS?
Hi dodi.You also have a white coating that looks like that? Have you been tested?
Back in December I had unprotected oral sex with a male and than in January I had unprotected vaginal sex twice and that has been the only unprotected incidents in my 22 years of life.If it is thrush I wouldn't have it this early from HIV right?
umm ppl vaginal thrush is not a sti its a fungal infection and is not and cannot be passed on through sexual contact and a dr diagnosis it not the internet
Any reason you posted to this old thread?