HIV Prevention Community
Just a question about Needle and Pricks

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Just a question about Needle and Pricks

i just want to know that in order to pose a risk for hiv ,is a needle prick enough (i am talking abt a normal needle which is used in syringes) or there has to be some injection in order to pose a risk?
Also if it is just a needle and not a syringe then is there a risk for hiv? like if i have been poked by a needle and it had been used by a hiv positive person with possible blood on the tip and it pricked me then am i at risk?or does something have to be injected in me to pose a risk?wont i feel a good amount of pain if something pricks me or will i just be in doubt that may be something pricked me?

thank u for your time.

Sharing Needles for drug use is a risk for HIV

Sewing Needles are No Risk for HIV

There has never been a reported case of one getting HIV from a needle stick/prick injury outside of a medical setting...
If a needle is poked into a vein(for less than 5 secs), but no injection occurs, is there a risk?
What are you poking needles in your vein for?
You need to be more accurate with your story.What exactly are you trying to say.What exposure do you think you had?
a sewing needle has no "hole".  blood would be on the surface of the needle - exposed to air - and inactive and unable to infect.

a needle from a syringe is a hollow bore and blood can be trapped.  this blood would then need to be injected into the bloodstream.
you mean to say that until the blood is NOT INJECTED inside the body then there is no risk with just a poke/prick?
NO RISK.
thanks teak n everyone for ur time,