HIV Prevention Community
Just concern
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Just concern

I have been  with the same partner for 5 years but  we're getting separated. Last week I got drunk and hooked up with a guy. We made out and he went down on me but that's all. I don't know his status and don't think I'll see him again. Just concern because I have herpes, but haven't have an outbreak in a while. I read that the chances on getting hiv are higher if you have herpes. I'm aware that it takes at least 3 months to get a conclusive hiv test result, but it only been a week and I'm going crazy. Should I get tested right away, should I be worry.
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
You had no risk. HIV is not transmitted from oral sex.
Blank
But he also fingered me and I think rub his penis against my vagina. Should I get tested right away or wait at least 4 weeks? Just paranoid
Blank
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Blank
Thanks guys

It been a month since this happened and I've being getting a lot of symptoms, mostly sore throat and diarrhea. What worries me is the sore throat, usually it goes away but this one has been persistent. Also  a couple of days ago red painful lesion/burns appeared on my tongue, also my right tonsil hurts a lot. Just worry because I have read that having the herpes virus doubles your risk of getting hiv. Also my partner being having a sore throat and had a fever for 2 days. I know that the only way for me to be sure is by getting tested but I'm scared to death to have gotten infected. Don't know how would I react. Just want to know how likely are my chances of getting hiv. What's the correction btw having herpes and getting hiv?
Blank
Move along, you never had an exposure and whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with HIV.
Blank
* what's the correlation between having herpes and getting hiv?
Blank
Nothing. You never had an HIV exposure.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979