HIV Prevention Community
Just some clarification and help, please.
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Just some clarification and help, please.

Hi, everyone.

I hope you're all enjoying the summer.  A bit of background: I'm 22, bisexual, and have only been sexually active for 4 years.  I've only had 4 sex partners and I have never had vaginal or anal sex (if I would it would be protected); only oral sex (giving and receiving and never having any ejaculate in my mouth) and mutual masturbation.  I also always ask my partner's HIV status and don't consent without it.  

I tested negative for HIV 8 weeks after my first sexual experience - a conclusive result considering the low-risk nature and time-frame of my test.  Essentially, my anxiety is what drove me to the test.  But, I'm glad that I had it because it cleared my mind.  

The last of my sexual experiences post-testing have been in the last 2 years.

So . . . present day.  The following post of mine details an experience with a "jock itch" rash that I've been having:  http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/Jock-Itch--Eczema--Should-I-be-worried/show/1270012?personal_page_id=1413052#post_5817572

Like the doctor said in this post, acute HIV is out of the question due to the short time-span that my rash manifested itself.  So, my current question / clarification: it's pretty much ridiculous of me to even think about this rash being a result of advanced HIV, right?  I know that skin conditions can manifest themselves with advanced HIV - but considering that I've only had theoretical risk experiences, many of which experts would argue as zero risk, within two years (only with two partners who stated that they are HIV negative), advanced HIV is also out of the question, right?  The rest of my general health is fine, and I'm not NEARLY as anxious about this as I was 4 years ago after my first test.  This is more for the sake of my own education and relief.

I feel like I've learned so much from these forums, I just need to talk through my concerns to get them off my chest.  I'd greatly appreciate any comments and clarifications.  Thank you in advance for any help!