HIV Prevention Community
Leaving the crazzy life to go into something stable

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I'm a 28 years old guy from Barcelona, I've decided to center my life and make first steps to create the kind of like I want, with a stable couple, my own home, ...

This is why I want to ask you for an opinion about if I really need to test for HIV before taking this step or not. I'll do it but after the exams I have, as I was unemployed and went to university when not finding any job, but until I finnish exams I would like to ask you to have an opinion, whatever it is I'll be ok, so please, be absolutely sincere, as I don't doubt you will.

The contacts I had with partners were:
1. Sex with a lady who was having sex for money, but she was beginning, not "fully in the job" yet. Kisses, rubbing her clit, sex with condom, after it, as far as I remember (it was two years and a half ago), the sperm was inside the condom when I woke up. I asked her later by mail if she was taking tests and didn't wanted to answer any of the times.

2. Went to a prostitute. But didn't had sex, I was not looking for penetration, so condom, oral sex, kissing, massage, and mutual masturbation while we kissed really much sucking lips with lips. I don't remember if I had any sores in my lips. I asked her if she tested for health matters and that and said yes, I guess she said every three months, I guess she didn't lie, but I'm not sure at 100%.

3. Sex with a friend whom I was her second sex partner, I mean, she had a stable boyfriend for years and after it we had an affair, safe sex, kisses, ... everything allright.

4. I had curiosity of trying to make oral sex, so I went to a travesti, condom, suck suck suck, he (or she) didn't cum, I talked to him a little, there wasn't anything more, nothing unprotected, no anal sex (I didn't wanted it anyway), nothing else, just suck and kiss. I had a pharingitis later, but it was hot in his home and when leaving to street it was quite cold, so I bet it was related to temperature difference. I also asked him twice if he tests and said every two months, I believe it as he had nothing to loss (after meeting and by phone he said the same)

Now, that said, and beeing these my last adventures before a new time, in your opinion, do I need to test?

I know that some pharmacies in Barcelona offer quick tests, in half an hour, do you think that those tests are good enough or better to donate blood (last contact -the travesti- was two months ago, and last sex contact -#3- was in october or early november so the 6 months period required after a contact before donating blood have passed), and donating blood they do tests also. What do you advice to me? Do you think I'll have to cry or will be a WOO-HOO-guy?

I'm asking you because I'm with exams, stressed and when I'm stressed, all kind of unfunded fears, so I ask you for tranquility now, and then I'll test after exams (tests in Barcelona usually take 2 weeks, except quicktests in pharmacies which take 30' or so), so as I don't know the fiability of quicktests I ask you, and after exams I'll test.

Thank you a lot!!!
Carles
Tags: HIV, Oral, sex
You don't have an HIV concern.
You don't have an HIV concern.
No risk at all? I remember that all times with vaginal intercourse there was the sperm in the condom but I have herpes although no with open sores or bleed and it makes me nervous...

Thanks :-)