HIV Prevention Community
Male Yeast Infection ARS/HIV symptom? ARS questions

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

1. I am having trouble finding the answer to this question, so any help is greatly appreciated. Is male yeast infection a symptom of HIV/ARS? I always see that yeast of the mouth is, which I have not had, so I'm confused as to whether or not yeast in general is a symptom.

2. Is it possible to have ARS symptoms 2 days after exposure? I had the flu 2 days after. Months later, I have had some rash breakouts, bruising, genital yeast infection and blurred vision.

3. Also (completely random), if you test negative at 4/12 months exposure ("possible" needle stick) is that considered conclusive? I have recently been experiencing a little bit of bruising, so now I'm once again uneasy.

-VVV
My exposure was at a rave where (I think) I got stabbed by an HIV infected needle. I know, I know, it's a myth and I still want answers to my questions above. I also deep kissed a girl for maybe 5 minutes. I know my scenario is highly unlikely, but the fact that I have symptoms, such as a yeast infection and easy bruising, worries the sh** out of me. Thanks in advance to any responses! Love the forum and love the people who help out worried people such as myself.
Yep it's a myth and your first two answers are no.
Ahh to finally actually communicate with you, Teak, is my honor! Before you go, and I know you get abused with questions, but this is seriously my last question: I got tested at 4 1/2 months and was negative. Are needle stick HIV contractions and sexually related HIV contractions treated the same? With that being said, should I get tested at 6 months (which would be about a week 1/2 from now)? Again, thanks for all the questions you answer on a daily basis. You're our hero!