HIV Prevention Community
Massage got out of control

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Massage got out of control

I would like to share you my story, I went to a massage parlor and with an extra service. I just sucked the nipple of the therapist and had a handjob which I think she scratched my groin area. This happened last July 5,2012. I know I should not be worried because my doctor assured me it's no risk, but now I had a mild sore throat and running nose but it's getting better already. Question, was the incident that happened to me really a no risk I'm now pretty worried about the scratch. Thanks.
Yes, it is zero. No and you aren't going to make history either. You do not have an HIV concern.
You don't have an HIV concern. You've never had an exposure.
Teak, was my exposure really zero risk? Is my mild sore throat and running nose really a none related symptoms with HIV? Ever seen a case like mine who got infected in your experience with the virus?
Teak, thanks il know how it really bothered me I was sleeping already a while ago and just woke up because of paranoia. So no need for testing?
No you do not need to test.
HIV is really hard to transmit other than unprotected intercourse, blood transfusion and breast milk from mother to child? That is why you answer that confidently? Anyways, this will be my last question from my incident. Thanks.
I'm worried about the scratches that the therapist scratched my groin area. Also, is my mild sore throat and running nose have anything to do with that incident? That's what worries me. Can somebody clarify it to me more about my incident?
HIV is not transmitted by scratches.
Thanks teak, my anxiety is really eating me up again. I will now take your word for it. Cause you seem to have a lot of knowledge with the virus. I really appreciated your time for answering my question to alleviate my anxiety.
Maybe the reason I'm going through this state of anxiety is because I'm  about to get married soon and I'm scared out the hell if I might infect my loved one. But I know you gave me a reliable assessment so I won't be that paranoid now. I'll try my best. Any advise how to get back to my life teak?
We can't help you with your guilt. That is something you have to do on your own.
Have you encountered a lot of incidents same as mine who, for a fact just to have a peace of mind got tested and all came out negative or non reactive results? Thanks.
Reread the replies you have been given.
Ok thanks.
Teak, in case I decide to take the test again for this particular exposure after one month and 3 months? Would you be fully confident it will come out negative or non reactive? Thanks. Just for support.
why would you even ask such a question?  hasn't he told you repeatedly that you had no risk?
Is mild sore throat considered an ars? I have mild sore throat and running nose 2 weeks after these incident. But no fever and whatsoever symptoms. This is also worrying me. My last test was done last January and June this year for a protective intercourse that happened last November of last year.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Sorry if I offend you guys. It was never my intention. I'm just building my confidence again. My apologies.
Move along.
no offense taken...but if you would READ what is told to you...then you would understand that you had NO RISK !
Thanks you very much guys! I just hate myself for getting involved in such situation. Now I'm suffering from anxiety. Anyways, I'll move along now. Once again, my apologies for some offensive questions. I hope you understand how I feel.
Just dropping by to say thanks for bearing with last time with my question. I feel better now (sore throat and running nose). But I have palpitations last night. I hope it's because of anxiety and stress. But overall I feel fine now. Your answers are my therapy when I feel an anxiety attack I always read your answers and it makes me feel better. Thanks. I might take a test next month and wish me all the best. I'll keep in touch in case I take it.  
Lizzie, I accept already that I had no risk in my incident that I discussed with you. But I read about your article about HIV anxiety. I believe I'm suffering from such. I hope you can help me about such on how to go about such anxiety. Even if I take a test I think it would still bother me. But reading your post really helps. Hope to hear from you. Thanks.
sometimes it is necessary to seek the help of a mental health professional.
Thanks Lizzie for the reply, I have been showing symptoms of anxiety lately. Like palpitations and insomnia. I have been living in fear since November last year. I have no one to talk to about my situation. But I was cleared already for my November incident which was a protected intercourse by test done this January and this last week of June. The only thing that bothers me is that this July 5 incident. My doctor also advise me test is no longer recommended and that I need to seek a psychologist or a guidance counselor. Thanks.
Is there still no risk for HIV transmission when your massage therapist licks your ball sacks and not the shaft plus i fingered her while she was giving a handjob on me and also she did lick my nipples. Plus she was coughing and using the towel to cover my naked body but without phlegm? I just want an opinion from anyone on this incident. Thanks.
Still no risk
Move on
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child

Fingering, licking, being coughed on - none of those are risks for HIV.  When you start to worry again, please look at the list of methods of transmission above.  If you did not have unprotected penetrative anal or vaginal sex, you do not have a risk.  You mentioned earlier that your doctor suggested you seek counseling, and that is a very good idea because you seem to have a fear of HIV that isn't based in reality, and a counselor could help you deal with that fear & anxiety.
You have been answered several time. Stop asking the same question over and over.
Ok. Thanks guys. I'm actually seeing a counsellor right now for my anxiety, I'm already improving but sometimes I still become persistent in asking what IF's so right now I feel better now. Thanks for your patience on me.
The question has already been answered to the fullest extent possible in these forums.

************ THIS THREAD IS CLOSED ************

NO MORE POSTS, PLEASE.