HIV Prevention Community
Minutes of vaginal sex before condom use

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Dear Doc,

I was with a girl about 7 months ago.  She just told me that she tested positive for Chlamydia.  When we were together I was dumb and let her climb on and ride for a few minutes before I told her I had to put a condom on.  When she told me of her positive test I said "I thought you said that you always make guys use condoms."  She replied that the truth is she is allergic to latex and she rarely uses them.  She said she had STD tests done a year ago including HIV.  She has not been tested yet for HIV this time around.  I am really concerned with the fact that I might have gotten HIV from her.  She said she was probably with around 20 guys this past year and probably only 4 since me which include a guy she is serious with now.  My questions are:

1.  What are my risks of getting HIV with the short exposure if she possibly gave me Chlamydia?
2.  I have seen that this exposure is about 1 out of a thousand but then other sites and phone support like CDC says that it is much higher.  One person I spoke to on the phone said since I am circumcised and have no cuts or anything on my penis I probably dont even need to be tested for HIV.  What do you think?  I am scheduled to be tested anyway later this week.
3.  It sounds like the only path in was through the opening to my penis, does a lot of vaginal fluids go in during short amount of sex?  

Please help.  I am freaking out.  It has been a week and all I can think about is dying in 10 to 20 years because of one slip up.  I don't want to leave my children behind.  I wish she would of had her tests done and told me she was HIV-.

Thanks,

Steve
dont want you to be misled.  scaredazn is NOT a doctor...and there is NOT a doctor on this forum.  

if you would like a doctor to answer your question...please go to the appropriate forum :)
I would get tested. At 6 months the oral swab test should be fine. At least you know you only have to test once (I hope it will come out negative). Obviously this chick doesn't care about her life. Us guys need to PROTECT OURSELVES!!! I once had a girlfriend jump on me with no condom while I was reaching for it. And now I am stressing again!!!!
I made a similar mistake to yours and am sweating bullets. I was inserted w/out condom for only 4 seconds but after hitting it with a condom on until dry. I am scared as hell. I have all sorts of symptoms but this woman is from China where there was lots of tainted hiv/hepatitis blood and people were selling blood and being infected by terrible collecting practices. Let us pray to whomever/whatever that we will be o.k.
scaredazn, doesn't know anything about HIV and shouldn't be on any forum trying to give out advise.
thanks for the info.  I thought it was to a doc.  I went to the local county medical dept where they give the Advanced Rapid Test and it was negative.  I can start breathing easier now.  Good luck to you other guys.