HIV Prevention Community
Mistake can I move on

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Mistake can I move on

My exposure was unprotected vaginal sex with a chick at a club I met  I got tested at 5.2 weeks and 12 weeks is it safe to say I don't have HIV ? I'm a healthy male active in sports can anyone who has a normal immune system not produce any antibodies untill 6 months or more
My doctor says that 3 month test is only 95% and to get conclusive I need 6 month test is this correct
Your doctor is wrong.
Am i ok then 100% no HIV ?
I I am going for my 100 day HIV test today I am going to a clinic which I have never been to before I heard they have rapid HIV test so I am planning on getting a rapid test I heard they often produce false positives should I be sure that if I get a positive that it is false because of my 3 month negative HIV test?
YOU DON'T NEED ANY FURTHER TESTING, YOU DON'T HAVE HIV!!!
Unfortunately they said I don't qualify for the rapid test because this is my first unprotected exposure so just took an elisa lab test now I get to wait in stress for 2 weeks I think I  tested again because I tested 2 days before 12 weeks so maybe just anxiety but I'm praying it comes negative so I can move on
Is it possible that I could serconvert after 82 days???
Move along.
But I tested a few days before 12 week mark
You're negative.
Thanks but one more then I read that even a test at 6 months is only 99.99% accurate then what about the renaming the 0.01% does it mean I will always have 0.01% of serconverting after 6 months
You are not taking chemo, you are not taking antirejection drugs for an organ transplant and you are not a chronic IV drug abuser. You are conclusively negative.
Thanks so no matter how sick i may get in the future I can be 100% sure it's not hiv?
Not from this exposure.
I doubt I will ever have anoter exposure this one ruined my life
Promise this is the last one , someone asked on a other form that his doctor said that HIV can be dormant for 10 years like inactive, is this response correct :

5. Any virus, can become dormant, and the disease process can be inactive. But this does not mean that the virus cannot be detected by serology tests. Even if the virus becomes dormant, it will still be detected by antibody tests.

So even if HIV is dormant it will still create  detecable antibodies?
Reread what you just typed, and you will find that you just answered your oen question. What this means, is that someone who has HIV, an HIV controller for example, eill have undectable viral loads without medication. Some would say the virus is dormant. However this person will still have antibodys and will still test positive. Your test was three months post exposure correct? If so, you are negative. Unless there was additional exposures in between. Do not worry about 0.1 percent. Nothing in life is 100% for sure, except two things. Dying. And having to pay taxes. Ha! Stop worrying, and start woohooing.
Well I tested close to 12 weeks few days short I just wanna be 10000000% sure I didnt get HIV from this exposure and that i can move on
We've already told you (MANY times) that your test is conclusive, that you don't have HIV and have NO need to test any further.

There's nothing more we can tell you and we're not going to keep repeating ourselves.
Yes your test is conclusive. You need to move on with life. Do you think thr body has an internal timer that sets itself to three months, and a person is going to test negative 83 days and all the sudden be positve on day 84?? Not going to happen. Period.

* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
I'm a 100% idiot I feel like killing myself I had a new exposure today with a random girl we kissed for like 30 seconds deeply, then i pulled my penis out and she told me to out a condom on before she touches it which I did then after that she just gave me a handjob for a little bit we were then both standing up straight theb we were like hugging really tight and I was rubbing my penis up and down, the whole time she had her panties o
And her skirt did i have ANY risk I'm so freaking dumb I just went throughout the worst 3 months of my life and here I am again fml risk or not???
And I tried fingering her risk?
Should I get PEP??????
No. you did not have a risk. My advice would be, to stop having sex until your married if littlr things like this set you off.
im feeling really suicidal right now i cant stop crying i ruined my life again, im thinking about getting PEP asap its bee 3  hours since exposure i am going crazy
i cant stop crying I dunno what to do!!!!! I was just starting to slowy forget my last exposure after 3 months of suffering now i freaking messed up again i guess it is in my faith to get HIV would they give me PEP i am only 16
You do not need pep. No they are not going to give it to you because YOU NEVER HAD A RISK. You didnt even have sex!!!! You rubbed your penis against someone with a condom ON!! You need to ask your parents to grt you a therapist. Seriously.
if i never had a risk why do i feel so depressed i cant stop crying i cant handle going through this 3 months again, is kissing a risk?
and yea she made me put a condom on before she touched it and then when we were rubbing i had condom on to and her panties and skirt were on the whole time, if i didnt have a risk why am i so sad
You need to learn how HIV is transmitted. UNprotected anal and UNprotected vsginal sex, sharing needles. It is not transmitted by touching, kissing, high fiving somrone, using toliets etc. your sad because of some mental health issue.not a physical one. You need to keep your penis in your pants and talk to your parents about seeing a mental health professional. Thats yoyr problem.
I cant tell my parents about this because of religon issues i shouldnt be doing anything like this untill marriage, and i cant hurt them i cant let them know i have hiv it will ruin there lives and i cant handle hurting them like that
What part of NO risk, are you having trouble understanding? You have already had a conclusive test. Period. You need to visit the anxiety and or ocd forum.
i had a conclsuive test but now i have ANOTHER exposure i am going crazy i am considering suicide i cant handle this again
You did not have another exposure. Nothing you did put you at risk for HIV or any other disease.
Going back and forth is not going to help.  You were told you didn't have a risk.  You need to stop experimenting if you're not going to believe you didn't have a risk.  I suggest you educate yourself, and seek some professional help.

No more we can so for you....enough for this thread.