HIV Prevention Community
Mutual Masturbation

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Mutual Masturbation

3 weeks ago I partook in mutual masturbation with a man. Some of his semen landed on my penis and he continued to rub me. Shortly after I cleaned myself and left. Originally I was not worried considering this is a very low risk activity but 3 weeks later I have come down with the flu. Also I am uncircumcised and have read that that can increases the risk of infection this way.

Can I be infected or am I just being paranoid?

You're being paranoid, HIV is not transmitted by masturbation.
Thank you very much.
Sorry, just to double check (Which I know you get a lot)

But in no way can semen enter the body this way, whether it being through urethra or the penis head's mucus membrane?

Thanks again, and sorry to bother you.
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child