HIV Prevention Community
My HIV risk from what Ive done..?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

My HIV risk from what Ive done..?

long story short, i had unprotected oral sex with an HIV+ IV drug user. I was also fingered by him and not only gave but recieved oral sex.
couple days later i had protected vaginal sex with another drug user, who claimed exactly 2 times that hes clean.
what are my risks of contracting something from unprotected oral from someone whos HIV+.

Thank you for your time.
Henryseven7 you are incorrect in that you suggest there is a defined risk of HIV transmission if you are giving a male oral sex. This is incorrect.

There is a theoretical risk, i.e. it could happen in theory but it has never been determined that it has happened in reality. A number of studies have suggested otherwise. The medical experts on this forum have also stated on numerous occasions that they have never seen a convincing case of transmission of HIV via oral sex.

To confirm what reallyconcerned posted, this was a no risk encounter for the  transmission of HIV, but there is always a risk of STD transmission via oral sex.
In terms of HIV, you had no risk according to the experts of this forum. No registered case of infection through this way.
actually there is a risk from GIVING unprotected oral sex to someone with HIV, though keep in mind it is much lower, and almost astronomically improbable if he didn't ejaculate in your mouth.
If he came in your mouth I would advise testing, but even still the chances of getting it this way are incredibly remote, so hopefully you don't worry about it.

thank you.
Saliva is hypotonic and has been proven to kill the HIV virus, even if you swallow the risk is beyond small because of this reason and because hiv is very temperamental and can't live outside of the body.