HIV Prevention Community
My penis touched the seat of a public toilet

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

I recently use a public restroom and as i was getting myself off the toilet my penis touched the surface of the toilet seat. I would like to know if there i a possible risk of getting hiv from that?
You need to educate yourself. Toilet seats have nothing to do with HIV transmission. There is no possibility,,,,,,,, Absolute Zero,,,,,,, Period.
Avatar n tn
HIV is impossible

but just curious what about other STDs?
You’ve got to be kidding.
Sure you can, theoretically, get other STDs which tend to survive on places such as toilet seats for some time, but, the chances are very unlikely. But HIV, there is no way, the air kills HIV instantaneously and it cannot survive outside living organisms.
Moreover, to calm you down, even if you cut a person with a knife who's HIV positive, and then during couple of seconds you cut yourself with the same knife, it is very unlikely that you will get HIV, in fact, nearly impossible since HIV will be so to say paralyzed instantaneously with the air contact.
Avatar n tn
so even STD's on toilet seats is super super unlikely?
Avatar n tn
You are a such a moor on , dum, and stupid. What a such comment on a board . There are people on this board with serious problem.

You bring such comments to board, non sense...Are you a idiot ?

No one has ever in the man kind of earth has acquired HIV through toilet. You idiot.

Avatar n tn
Herpes and HPV is possible from bathroom infection. It is very rare for that to happen.