HIV Prevention Community
My spirit seems broken ! Doctor, help, please help me !

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I had an unprotect sex several months ago.
Symptom:
Three weeks after the exposure, some classic symptom appeared, as Inflammation of the tonsils (right side only) and enlargement of lymph nodes (2 pcs all in the right side of the neck).
After I took the antibiotics for 5 days, the inflammation of the tonsils was cured. But the enlargement of the lymph nodes have remained until now.
Test:
I went to Singapore medical institution and was done 6 times HIV antibody test by Alere Determine HIV 1/2 with figer tip blood. The test time respectively were 4, 6, 8, 9, 11 and 20 weeks after that exposure. And all the result were negative.

So far I am not out of the HIV fear. Because the following 3 points:

1st, I am a very healthy person. But the suspected symptoms appeared after the exposure.

2nd, The Singapore medical institution only provide the rapid test. My friend said that the rapid test is not as good as
the elisa test that is widely used in the hospital. Is it correct?

3rd, I heard of 7-8 persons cannot be found antibody in their blood in the world. And a part of human beings can only be found the antibody after 6 months after they infect the HIV. Is that ture. If yes, what happen on them? And how can we know we are the special individuals or not?

Doctor, What shall I do? I cannot do nothing at all. I am in the fear 24 hours which is last for several months.
Highly appreciate to you for your kind help !!!

Help...
You don't have HIV you've conclusively tested negative outside the window period.
Hi Teak! Highly appreciate to you for your reply.

May I know what the difference between Alere Determine HIV 1/2 test (Rapid Test) and 3rd General Elisa test?

Have you ever seen/ heard of a person's window period is longer than 3 months after the 3rd general Elisa and rapid test appeared?

In your opinion, my symptom is the coincidence?

I am looking forward your kind reply. Thank you very much.

Alere Determine HIV 1/2 test  is a DUO test testing for both antigen and antibodies and the 3rd generation ELISA only tests for antibodies. Both are conclusive three months post exposure.
Hi Teak,

My Alere Determine HIV 1/2 tests only antibodies only. And as I know, it is a rapid test with figer tip blood.
But some of the persons said the rapid test is not as good as 3rd generation ELISA. Is it correct?
Plus my classic symptom and doubt myself is a special individual, I am really so hard to move on. No more tear...

Your test was conclusive. Rapid tests are just as reliable after 3 months. Forget about this and move on with your life.
Hi Joggen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Rapid test is reliable after 3 months, which means the window period for the rapid test is 3 months. Then the 3rd generation ELISA has the shorter window period?

Cheers,
Jason.
All window periods are the same all tests are conclusive at 3 months post exposure.
Hi Teak, Thank you so much for your patient reply.
I will try to move on with my life.

All the best to you.
Jason.