HIV Prevention Community
My symptoms point to hiv infection and I'm scared

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I know I've posted a question already about this, but I am still scared. Please evaluate my symptoms and tell me if they are symptoms of early hiv infection. I received oral sex from a man and I am a woman. This was about 4 weeks ago.
4 days after I had a really bad sore neck/muscle strain that lasted about two weeks.
2 weeks after the encounter I had a small night sweat and a few days after that I had a big drenching night sweat.
A week ago I developed a mild sore throat with a red spot in the back of my throat
5 days ago my ears started hurting and still do when I swallow and especially when I wake up
For the last  week I've had really bad headaches and been feeling dizzy. I also heard some water in my ear a few days ago
3 days ago I started feeling severe itching near my anus so I looked in the mirror and noticed a swollen lump of skin that goes from my anus to the top of my perineum.. It also had a blister like thing at the top with white spots that looked like pus. I took warm baths and now it is almost gone
Yesterday I noticed my left lymph node in my groin was slightly raised and swollen
I've been feeling weird aches in that region for the past few days and pains down my left leg as well
I've also been really tired and depressed

Ok think I got all of them.. I have been stressing myself out to the max the last 4 weeks scared I caught hiv from this guy and been having all these symptoms of hiv. I do have hsv 2 and I've had if for years but don't think I've ever had an outbreak. I thought the thing on my butt was a hemorrhoid but maybe it is a herpes outbreak from stressing myself out? I know someone might say I need help from being paranoid but there's a reason I am so paranoid about stds.. I was raped 6 years ago and the guy gave me hsv2 and the cervical cancer virus- it was the time in my life. Now I am paranoid about sex all the time. I know I'm fine from the hpv I just had a Pap smear so I know my symptoms are not from that.

Anyways can an expert please tell me if my symptoms indicate that I am infected with hiv? Or could I have brought them on from stress and causes myself a herpes outbreak? Thanks for your time
I meant to say it was the worst time in my life*^
of course you're NOT having hiv symptoms...you had NO risk ! ! !
Okay I guess I just can't get it through my brain because all these symptoms scare me. It's probably me stressing myself sick
further questions should be addressed on the hiv anxiety community forum.  this forum has nothing left to offer.
Nothing you describe is associated eith acute hiv symptoms. Yours happened to soon to be hiv related, if one gets hiv symptoms they occur 2 to four weeks after exposure and last one to two weeks.  Oral sex does not transmit hiv to begin with.  If you cant let this go, you can have a duo test now for a great indication, followed by a three month antibody test.
You don't need any test and are not advised to do anything. You never had an exposure as Lizzie already advised you.
They did happen 2-4 weeks after.. But not really all at the same time.. The symptoms sounded like the same acute hiv symptoms I looked up but I might just have something else going on with me.. The swollen groin gland or lymph node really freaks me out
Your focus on symptoms is pointless because you never had a risk and symptoms don't diagnose HIV. The source of your issue is that you're trying to diagnose yourself off of the internet. Even doctors won't try to diagnose themselves or practice medicine from a distance such as base a diagnosis off the internet. The internet wasn't created so that the average schmoe can practice medicine on themselves. Again, all your worrying is quite pointless and a waste of mental energy since you don't fall into a risk group.
Okay thanks. Im just paranoid because when I had mono with swollen groin lypmh nodes and went to the doctor the first thing he asked me is if I had gotten a test for hiv.. I just got another swollen lymph node at the top of my groin so now I have that and one on the other side so I'm worried. It must me something else then besides hiv
thanks Lizzie.. just want to ask u something.. do you know if stress and anxiety from catching hiv can cause symptoms like the ones I have (swollen groin lymph nodes or glands, headaches, mild sore throat, tiredness,)? Or do you think I just stressed myself sick about this? I'm pretty sure my stress triggered a hsv 2 outbreak :( so maybe that could be the symptoms I have

thanks for your time and help I appreciate it.. I know I'm paranoid and I think I have ocd so any reassurance would be appreciated
sorry my actual question is.. through all of your help with people who have anxiety about hiv.. do they usually complain about being scared about symptoms like these and end up being tested negative?
to answer your question...YES STRESS CAN CAUSE VERY REAL PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS.

now enough is enough.  you've been told REPEATEDLY to take your questions to the appropriate forum.

READ THE POSTING GUIDELINES THAT TEAK HAS GIVEN YOU