HIV Prevention Community
Needle !!!

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Needle !!!

Hi , i just took my dog to vet's home ( only one vet in the town ). He treats animals at his home .He gave my dog a syringe full of medicine in it and told me to inject my dog everyday. First of all , I always think the syringe he gave me can be a dirty syringe so I used it very careful . But after i inject my dog , after several hours , i saw a red dot with blood on my finger . I don't know if this is from the needle or not . But it makes me feel so bad . I 'm scary that i can have HIV from the syringe the vet gave me . Just ask to ease my mind ..Syringe with needle he gave me is the one to inject insulin . I saw no visible blood on needle . What is my risk ? plz help
None. You can't contract HIV from your dog.
NO RISK at all
Yeah , I know , animals cant have HIV ...i'm not worry to contract hiv from my dog .
the thing  is the syringe ( needle ) from the vet ...When he gave me , it s full of medicine so i dont know if he used it before or not .Maybe he gave me a dirty needle .... That's why i'm so confuse
MOVE ON.
to make it clear ( srr for my bad English) ....He gave me a needle + syringe which he took medicine in it before . and he said " Using this needle to inject my dog 0.2cc each day " ...That means the needle can be dirty  ...and i can be poked by it  ...maybe....
Seek professional mental help for your no risk issues.