HIV Prevention Community
Needle Stick Vs, Sexual Contact HIV

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Needle Stick Vs, Sexual Contact HIV

1. Hey everybody. I have a question that I still cannot seem to get an answer for. Are needle stick HIV contractions different from sexual contact HIV contractions? I mean, are blood test results treated the same and recommended the same? My situation was very low risk, but I just can't seem to find an answer to this question. Thanks a lot in advance.

2. Also, I got an HIV test 4 1/2 months after possible exposure. By then, most symptoms that can possibly relate to HIV have already happened to me. For example, 2 days after exposure I had flu like symptoms, a minor genital yeast infection and a rash on my neck that lasted about a month but was very minor and a random rash on my arms that disappeared within 10 minutes. Would you test + if you have had symptoms? Or is that only in some cases? Thanks a bunch guys.
An exposure is an exposure...a test is a test, it doesn't matter what the risk is, the seroconversion process is the same, so testing is the same.

You were told on your other thread (and before that I believe) that you don't have an HIV concern.  A test at 4.5 months is 6 weeks BEYOND the window period, so it would be completely conclusive.

Teak is right, you need help for your HIV related anxiety.  It's simply not normal to still be concerned about something you have scientific proof about.  There's nothing more we can say, please kindly move along.
Move along.
If you're going go bother answering, Teak, can't you just give the answer? You kinda failed to answer my question last time around, so the least you can do is answer it this time around :). Thanks to anybody else who can give an answer to a worried person.
Reread the replies from your first thread. Move along.
With all due respect, you never answered my third question. I have read your response again, as you just recommended, so I suggest you do the same... You simply never answered my question regarding the differences in the way you can contract HIV and whether or not they are treated the same. For example, if the window period is the same. If you choose to respond, thank you again. Of not, thanks for the answers you have already given me.
Seek professional mental help.
I see you're having a rough day or something, so I'll leave you alone. Thanks again, I guess.

Thank you Nursegirl for finally answering my question. That's all I really wanted to know. Teak, thank you also, even though you were very blunt. I'm just curious as to if you have a low risk situation, why your questions are ignored... All the scenarios you read here can't be diagnosed unless you test, which I did. I just had some questions to further educate myself on this virus.
What's total BS??? You told me the answers to my First two questions are no, not to mention I had THREE questions. Also, I had a follow up question which you never bothered to respond; therefore, I created this thread asking for an answer. Why are you so argumentative? EVEN IF you are right, you're supposed to be the professional here.. What the hell is going on?
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Listen, Teak. I respect you as a professional or even just some person that knows more about HIV than I do... I'm not here to argue, because I'm seeking your advice. I took time to sign up and ask you and was even hoping you would respond.... This has gotten absolutely ridiculous and I'd like to just drop it and once again thank you and nursegirl for your responses.
Seek professional mental help. The scope of help you need is beyond the scope of help any Internet forum can provide. You need one on one professional help.
As I said, drop it. I don't need professional mental help. I asked a few questions and apparently, they justify the need for me to get mental help? I don't understand how asking about symptoms justifies such a thing, especially when I have only opened two threads... Teak, I know I'm the person seeking advice here, but I'd like to give you some advice.. lighten up. The people here are OBVIOUSLY desperate, so the least you can do is just have a good attitude to help out... Goodluck in the future Teak, I'm seriously done here. I again thank your for answering my past questions.
You do need help. I say that out of compassion and not criticism.
I'm not going to say you're all wrong.. When I was younger, I had bad anxiety problems. I'm just curious as to what I did or said that I'm totally being attacked.. This seriously doesn't make any sense.
This thread is going nowhere, and quite quickly.  I believe the question has received a relevant response, so the best thing that can happen to this thread is for it to end here.

******************* CLOSED THREAD *****************
NO FURTHER POSTS, PLEASE.