HIV Prevention Community
Needle stick on bare foot and painful lymph nodes

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Thank you for been paitent.Taking bath at a motel felt a needle stick to my bare foot which was hurting the toe for 3 days. Couldn't find the needle in the bath area immediately and the water was running.the motel owner tell me the room was not rented for 6 days. But I could safely assume 8 hours since the area was bad and he was renting based on hours. The incident happened at 10 AMin the morning when I checked in. 10 days later the lymph nodes in the neck and under arms started to hurt very badly. Sometimes groin region also hurts sharply.I then shaved my under arms since it was very painful and found rash under the arm which was painful to touch so I used cortizone cream on the rash. Went to see the IM doctor and told her what happened and she assured me that the incident will not transfer HIV through the toe. She prescribed Mupirocin 2% (anti bacterial) which she though was a inflammation of the underarm. She did not find any abnormal lymph nodes. The rash which was local to the under arm disappeared in 2 days after applying Cortizone and Mupirocin. But the pain in the under arm and neck still persist after 18 days after exposure and 10 after it all started. It some times gets unbarable. When I pulpate my under arm and chest I find the exact spot that is sending sharp pain when pressed not really swollen but can feel the small bean like shape. From day 13 I am having pain in both the feet now when stand for a few minutes which radiates from under the toes. Could painful lymph nodes and pain that radiates to the surrounding muscles indicate ARS. No fever or sore throat yet after 19 days. Any ideas to what it could be? What tests do u guys recommend.
If you didn't see a needle, there wasn't a needle.  It wouldn't have just disappeared.  

Listen to your doctor.  Even if you HAD gotten stuck with the tip of a needle in your foot, it wouldn't cause HIV infection.
Are they any infections that effect the lymph nodes all over the body other then HIV? Like bacterial or HTLV1/2.
This forum is HIV specific. Discuss your concerns with your doctor.