HIV Prevention Community
Negative OraQuick Test Today - Still Worried

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

For anyone who would like to keep up , Here is my previous thread with my risk and symptoms and such ..

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/My-Risk-story--Symptoms--Concerns-Please-Help/show/1867556

Today would make 9 weeks (68 Days) since my risky encounter . I took an in home OraQuick test today and it was Negative . So so far here's how my testing has gone

2 Weeks - Negative Antibody (blood)
4 Weeks - Negative Antibody (blood)
6 Weeks - Negative Antibody (finger prick, mouth swab twice)
7 Weeks - Negative DNA PCR & Antibody (early detection test)
9 Weeks - Negative Antibody (in-home OraQuick)

The testing is ok , but the symptoms are whats bothering me . My girlfriend was diagnosed with viral pharyngitis yesterday and her throat looks terrible. It's mostly on the right side, its white spots on her tonsil/throat, and she was spitting phlegm that had blood in it today at work . Lozenges do nothing for her, its hurting her ear, hurts to talk, and only thing seeming to help a little is prescribed Ibuprofen. It's worrying me to death , my right tonsil is still swollen as well but it isn't painful like hers nor have I been spitting any blood. Still have this unexplained floater in my eye too that the eye examiner didn't find a reason for. I'll continue to post up to the end of my window period and anything else that happens .

Heres a picture of her throat ---> http://s13.postimage.org/kglq6wyuf/photo.png

Here's mine (Swollen ball on right) ---> http://s2.postimage.org/itv7ylbbd/securedownload_9.jpg

Symptoms may not indicate infection, I just want to verify that because there have been multiple symptoms in my case. Anyone with any advice, insight, input on the symptoms, testing, and anything please post I would love to hear your replies .

Rick
Just test again at the 12 week mark and collect that conclusive result.Symptoms won't tell you much--a conclusive test result is all that counts.
Thanks for the reply .

Have you read my original thread ? If you have the time please give it a look . I just honestly wanna know how you feel about the risk and testing so far . I know guidelines are 12 weeks but from a personal standpoint how would you feel about a 9 week negative or any of the others ?
I have always been of the opinion that a 9 week negative will not change at 12 weeks.Your test in 3 weeks will be negative again.
http://www.oraquick.com/

OraQuick

Warnings & Precautions
A positive result with this test does not mean that you are definitely infected with HIV, but rather that additional testing should be done in a medical setting.
A negative result with this test does not mean that you are definitely not infected with HIV, particularly when exposure may have been within the previous 3 months.
If your test is negative and you engage in activities that put you at risk for HIV on a regular basis, you should test regularly.
This product should not be used to make decisions on behavior that may put you at increased risk for HIV.
I don't see anything wrong with testing along the way to see how long it took me to 'seroconvert' if it does happen .. If I happen to test positive I would like the details of my story to be available for others . So I decide to test along the way to the end of my window period
You will test negative at 12 weeks--trust me. 9 week negatives don't turn positive at 12 weeks these days with more reliable testing avaliable.
I hope you are right. What's got me worried is just this week (10th week) I developed a terrible sore throat and a couple of sores along my cheek . They're like red spots smh . I still have these floaters in my eyesight as well . I've heard people don't usually seroconvert this late, but i'm definitely not imagining these symptoms I'm far from delusional . Don't have a fever though . I'm still faithful in my negative results thus far but these symptoms do worry me .
No need to bump both threads with a duplicate post.
true . just did it for those who may see this one and not the previous .
With a negative hiv test at nine weeks, along with the female testinh negative for hiv, you shouldnt be this worried.  Your results are not going to change in 21 days. The body does not have a timer, and all the sudden be positive at 90 days. You should google " symptoms caused by anxiety" and you will see most of what you "have" makes the list.
http://www.npadnews.com/anxiety-symptoms.asp
I took a rapid finger prick test today, couldn't wait two weeks for the other one . 12 weeks and 2 days post possible exposure and it was Negative . God is good . Hopefully the other results are the same I will post those when I get them.
Good for u man :)