HIV Prevention Community
Negative results with oral thrush
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Negative results with oral thrush

I've had an on-going case of minor to moderate oral thrush on the tongue. It's nowhere else in the mouth. Just the tongue. I read that most commonly, adults with thrush get it because they have a weakened immune system, with one obvious cause for that being HIV/AIDS. Now, I was last tested negative at the at the very least 21 weeks. Is it possible I do have a weakened immune system and maybe because of that, no HIV showed up on the test? Or is this being caused by something else? I will (shamefully) admit, for a while, I had gone with not-so-good oral hygiene, so maybe that's it? Of course I've also read a diet high in sugars can cause it as well. But once I read a common cause of thrush being a weak immune system, I couldn't help but think HIV and my test just wasn't accurate.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If you tested negative at 21 weeks post-exposure then your  100% hiv negative and the oral thrush is related to something else.You don,t have hiv.Relax.
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
First of all, thrush needs to be diagnosed by a medical professional, you can't assume you have it.  Secondly, there are MANY causes for thrush, one being poor oral hygiene.  You have a conclusively negative HIV test, you don't have HIV.

See your doctor for an assessment of your oral symptoms.  If it is thrush, it requires treatment.
Blank
186166_tn?1385262982
CLEARLY...by looking at your posts over the last couple of years...you have some kind of health anxiety going on.   time to seek help from a mental health professional.
Blank
Oral thrush can be caused by stress. I was in hospital for a neck injury a few years back and developed oral thrush. The Doc says I got it due to extreme anxiety, ultimately lowering my immune system.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank