HIV Prevention Community
Nervous Hiv Risk with a negative result from partner

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hello Teak, lizzie, and vance. need your two cents on thos. Early Sunday I had protected sex with a stripper. Within five mins of having sex I pulled out which the condom was broken. Today I took the stripper to the planned parenthood to get the HIV rapid test and it was negative. So am I good that I don't need to worry about contracting HIV from this exposure and no testing needed. Thank you!
No, you still need to test. it's possible that she was still in the window period. 3 month test for you.
Okay. Thanks
What's the chances of someone negative giving someone hiv
How realiable are these planned parenthood rapid HIV tests?
3 months since last unprotected encounter is when someone can obtain a conclusive test.
How realiable are those HIV rapid tests provided by planned parenthood? What's the percentage of chance of someone testing negative and giving the other HIV while they tested negative? Confusing .
?
Bump
Bunp
What's the chances of someone catching HIV from a person that's negative on a rapid HIV test? Have you seen anyone here become positive from a one time unprotected vaginal sex exposure with a woman? Is it hard for someone to contract hiv?
you have to KNOW...for sure...WITHOUT A DOUBT, that she had not had unprotected sex with someone in the 3 months before she tested.  can you be 100% sure of that?  nope !

3 months will give you a conclusive result
Okay thanks. But have you seen or heard of anyone that became positive from having a one time unprotected exposure with vaginal sex? Last thing is it true that when a person tests negative but got infected with HIV that in that window period there more contagious to give there partner hiv?
You're not comprehending.  While a partner's negative test result surely is reassuring, it isn't conclusive and will not tell you conclusively what YOUR status is.  YOU need to test at 3 months post the exposure with your partner.
Thank you but just want to know when someone tests negative and been infected with HIV are they more easily to transmit it to there partner because there blood cells are going crazy? Last question would be I will be testing at the six week mark for me to calm down because im stressing a lot and im debating either a HIV rapid test or a blood hiv test. Which test is more detectable/accurate. Thanks again.
Why you say that?
As you were told you can obtain your conclusive negative test result 3 months post exposure. There are no tests that are approved to give a conclusive negative test result any earlier.
Not even a hiv RNA test?
No even the PCR-RNA, it isn't even a stand alone test and has to be used in conjunction with an antibody test.
Thanks teak. Have you seen or heard of anyone testing positive after having a 4 week antibody test negative? Thanks for your time.
Yes I have seen people test positive past 4 weeks and past 8 weeks. Don't fall for anyone tell you that you can obtain a conclusive test result earlier than 3 months post exposure. They cannot produce the FDA approvals to back themselves up.
Thanks teak. Joggen why can't you just say it here?
Teak, I'm not trying to argue your knowledge on HIV because I don't know anything like you do. But why does Dr. Hook and Dr. HHH state that 6 week is 95% accurate and at 8 weeks its 99% accurate. That its 3 month conclusive do to guidelines of CDC.
3 months is due to the manufacture of the tests and the FDA who issues the test approvals.
You are right but why are the doctors stating that information to the people on here that pay those 22 dollars
I'm not concerned as to what is said in the other forums. We follow the approvals issued by the manufacture and the FDA.
Teak. Thank you for your time sir.
You're welcome.
Joggen how do I get in that group of yours?
Click the link in his post.
Can't post a question on it.
You haven't JOINED the group yet. You can't post unless you join. Contact Emily_MHModerator if you are having trouble joining.
How do I contact her?
Is diarrhea a ars symptom because I been with diarrhea for five days now with some stomache pain. Thanks for the respond.
ARS, has no specific symptoms.
Is a 4th Generation Hiv more accurate which detects hiv earlier than a 3rd generation test. Going to get tested 30 days after the exposure with the 4th Generation Hiv test. How accurate would it be?
Virtually 100% accurate. Expect a negative.
Thanks. Just nervous.