HIV Prevention Community
Neurological disorder/disease impact on 4th generation testing.
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Neurological disorder/disease impact on 4th generation testing.

Hello good people of Medhelp.
thanks for all you do out here.

lm baffled by my negative 4th generation blood test results post 90 days of exposure as lm showing serious signs of something neurologic but dont know what it is yet. Ive had some muscle wasting along with all the classic hiv symptoms. Could a neurologic disorder impact my results past 97 days post exposure?

Anyway one of you good drs could outline specific variables that may impact these results?

I really appreciate your time guys and l know how stressful it must be answer these similar type questions all the time, thank you so much.
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
No it would not effect the results. Immune suppression could impact results but nothing neu related would.
Blank
Wow, nothing at all you say? That's a relief. At the same time lm showing signs of immune suppresion, for example its taking longer for my beard to grow in, nails are taking longer to grow in and more weird stuff. I wonder how bad of shape my immune system is in and if l should count on those results...lve heard the classic chemo treatment, drug user stuff but lm not in those brackets it seems but the immune suppresion seems to be there, so are the hiv symptoms...man I wish I could put this to rest, I feel like jumping off a bridge.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
HIV symptoms mean nothing. See a Dr for your issues.
Blank
Thanks Vance. If l had late stage hiv by some crazy chance, would antibodied or p24 still show present in those test results? Things just aren't adding up for me...thanks again.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Antibody would
Blank
Thank you Vance. Its so scary cause the immune suppresion l seem to be showing doesnt seem to be too intense as far as l think but am scared thinking what if it is...
Blank
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...