Non Sexual Transmission of HIV
HI all, I am a little confused. I have only done this once but became a little worried when a friend told me that sharing a dollar bill will put you at the same risk for HIV as unprotected sex. I though that there needed to be a large amount of blood and that the virus being outside the host for a matter of second would not make it possible to transmit. I became even more worried when Dr. Hook stated that a girl should get tested after sharing with an infected person but did mention it was low risk. If this is a risk, why are people not being educated about it. You would think the CDC would have warnings There has been a few posts regarding this and it seem all were older so i wanted to see if there is any other information out thre now. Is this something that a person should worry about and does it deem the need to be tested after sharing a bill once after on line with a person. It was only one line and one time. Thanks for any feedback.
no risk for hiv
It's not a risk for HIV. It's a theoretical risk for contracting HCV.
no risk
Wow, that was quick. I see you all answer a lot of questions on here and I have great respect for your opinions. Thanks a lot and cheers.
I don't agree with HIV being no risk if there was blood on the bill and you used it immediately. I was told it was not very high risk and never been documented to happen but in theory it could as there may have been blood involved. Did you see nay blood on the bill. Most sites will also tell you low risk for HCV as well.
You don't have to agree. It's not a risk of contracting HIV.
GET educated timothy 1253
blood on a bill would surely not have viable HIV on it that is silly.  If you snorted coke with an HIV positive person and they led on the bill and handed it to you it could be risky but so small to be immeasureable no worries.  Hepatitis more likely.  I think you should avoid drugs altogether and if you do them be safe and don;t share anything how thats for a policy.  Drugs also alter your inhibitions and make you drop your guard so at soem point you might have unprotected sex, another reason to quit the junk.  WEAR CONDOMS EVERY TIME FOR ANAL AND VAGINAL SEX AND DON;T DO DRUGS.  Good luck,I wish you all the best