HIV Prevention Community
Nose exposed to blood

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Nose exposed to blood

I was with a woman of unknown status (protected vaginal & unprotected oral) who had a small piercing (bead) on the side of her nose. The piercing got damaged during sex and was bleeding slightly, maybe a couple of drops total.

My question is, if some of her blood during kissing made it's way on the inside of my nose because of close face contact and nose rubbing during kissing and she was HIV+ would this be a risk for infection? It was stated many times here that trace amounts of blood in mouth would not be a risk, so I'm wondering about the possible lining of the nose if it came into contact with possible HIV+ blood.

Thanks.
Not an exposure to HIV.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Not an exposure to HIV.

HIV is transmitted by;
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Thanks, I appreciate your time and your work on this forum.