HIV Prevention Community
Not a cut but burst blister and risk

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Not a cut but burst blister and risk

Hi - and thanks for your time in advance. Last week during  the late hours of our Xmas work outing a few of our collegues took us to a bar (the bar turned out to be a gay club downstairs) and we all had a great night.
In the club there were dancing podiums with poles and I proceeded ( after having a few drinks) to spend most of my evening dancing around this pole - others used it as well.

My concern is that after a while I must have developed a friction blister, as the pole had grip, and at some point while using the dancing pole it burst  - my question is: what are the risks of catching HIV or any other risky infections due to 1) someone elese doing exactly the same thing and our blister fluid being on the pole and getting into the burst blister 2) blood being on the pole (I do not remember if there was or not) and that getting into my burst blister 3) semen or anything else getting in?

Basically does the burst blister pose a risk if other fluids were on the pole or is this silly and like all other posts of surface contamination- nonsense? Is a burst blister a viable blood to blood route (im pretty sure my blister didn't bleed but fluid was clealry present to form the bubble).

Many thanks
It is not a risk. HIV is not passed through casual contact and enviromental objects.
That is very helpful and quick - mind at rest.

On a purely factual point, when sites etc mentioned blood to blood does that term refer to general cuts, deep cuts or actually an internal blood or fluid mix (as in needles and intercourse)? I think a clear explanation on some other sites is lacking.

Additionally - even if my burst blister was 100% fresh and blood on a pole was 100% fresh from a HIV vicitim  - this cannot lead to infection (as it is a surface)?

Don't worry  - I won't have a follow-up question after this one.

Thanks so much in advance.
Blood to blood is really non-existant. Take a knife and cut open an artery, then find someone who is HIV+ and do the same thing and take those pumping arteries and put them together...then we can talk about risk.

To talk about "what if" is not something we do here and we are getting into the "what if" category.