HIV Prevention Community
One time exposure to brothel worker in mainland china

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Condom broke with a  female brothel worker in china. I am a male with no known std and also circumcised as well.  I am worried about hiv. it has been 11 days no signs of any stds at all so far.  I am very worried and losing sleep. I am having a hard time concentrating on work now.  So far just a cough about 2 days after wards but that started before the contact. What are my chances of infection. Have you known any one that has contracted hiv from one time exposure
Nothing to worry about. Just have a test at 3 months, collect your negative result, and move on with your life.
hiv is not diagnosed by symptoms or lack thereof.

contrary to popular belief...most csw's don't have hiv.  they have sex for a living and use condoms to protect themselves from you.

either a duo test at 4 weeks or a stand alone antibody test will give you a very good indication of your status.  follow up at 3 months for that conclusive result.
The government put the rate at `1.5 percent for CSW in china.  It is believed that CSW in china often have sex with no condom. It makes me think if so many are having condom-less sex in china yet there is only about 780,000 cases if hiv total in a country with 1/5 the population.   Maybe this just shows that hiv is not so easy to catch heterosexually?  Of course with millions of exposures there will be some I suppose.  Not that I plan on being unprotected in future. Just found a lovely Chinese girlfriend I love allot and don't want to hurt her.  
Strange thing was she asked for more money once condom broke.  Same  brother on tried to get more money for unprotected!    
Try to relaxe. I'm in the same situation. I asked about what are my odds of infections to Dr. HHH. He told me there is a risk, of course, but it's very low (around 1 case in 1000 if the lady is HIV +).

Wait for the right time to test (see what LIZZIE LOU wrote above).

I wish you luck