HIV Prevention Community
Oral Risk

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Oral Risk

I just wanted to share this with all the people that are on here for fear of having contracted HIV from having given, received, or both oral sex.  I know people like TEAK will just flat out tell you that it is not a risk,  and as reputable as he may be,  he is just another faceless poster here.  (No offense to you TEAK,  I appreciate your bluntless).  After seeing a few posts mentioning a Spanish study I decided to research the keywords "serodiscordant oral study" in google.  

There it not only mentions this study,  but re-assures readers that oral-genital sex is very low risk.
I have been stressing over my my risky situation,  reading all the "symptoms" of HIV infection, and thinking that I have them or have had them over the past 29 days.  Stress/Anxiety is a terrible thing.  I hope to some day put this all behind me.  And hope to maybe help some of the people here who read my posts and story.
Receptive oral sex is not a risk and the serodiscordant studies have proven that HIV isn't transmitted via oral sex. Did you Read the studies that the CDC and the USC did on oral sex? More than likely not. Try reading them.
How about performing oral sex  on a woman, is there any  studies related?
Teak what's the conclusion of the CDC and USC research?
Thnaks
In the CDC, USC study there were no persons involved in the study that seroconverted from having protected anal and vaginal sex and no protection for oral sex. There is no concern of contracting HIV from going down on a woman. Never has been.
Thanks Teak
I did read those studies Teak,  I just read my post and it sounded like I was maybe trying to go against you,  but I was really trying to say that I now agree with what you say about not being a risk for HIV as far as oral goes.  I was trying to put a link in the post to a site that I saw from the VA government site,  that also confirmed that oral sex is not a risk factor,  but I guess I don't know how to post it in here.  Sorry for the confusion,  and hope you keep doing what you're doing on this site,  you were a tremendous help for me. =)
I never read any USC, CDC, or VA govt site studies that says anything about low/very low risk on receptive oral.....can anyone give me more info. on this, such as a link, or what it was about?  Thank you all....
Here is a recent review article on oral sex studies that attempted to gauge HIV transmission risk.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pubmed&pubmedid=18664564

The bottom line is that the risk is very low (as Dr. Hook already told you), and by very low I mean negligible (not worth worrying about).