HIV Prevention Community
Oral sex on Prostitute

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Oral sex on Prostitute

Help please,
Performed oral sex on female prostitute,with a cut in my mouth 100%.I bite my inner cheek a few hours before.
What has to happen in order 4 me to get HIV?Also,how do U know if a gland is swollen?What is the size?
In a panic here,help sore throat 4 weeks after exposure and oral thrush.

B.B.
Oral sex is generally a lower risk activity for contracting HIV, however it is still possible. I would get tested as there is no harm in knowing. As far as glands being swollen, anything larger than a pea is considered swollen yet even if you have swollen glands it does not mean you have HIV as any infection will cause some glands to swell. Go get tested and put your mind at ease.

Best wishes
I am in a very similar position. I had the bad mouth after 6 days of exposure, then ache in glands (2 weeks), slight sore throat, diarrhea (for a week or so now, not masses though, just very loose when I do go) sore neck (4 weeks) and just so restless.

Listening to the HIV helpline in UK, and the experts (Dr. HHH says he has yet to know of HIV passed orally) on this forum it is almost impossible to catch in this way. However, I am suffering so badly with anxiety it is terrible. I am going to GP today to see if she thinks a test is warrented.

RS
Update - My GP puts it all down to stress. My Lymph nodes are fine (I thought they were painful!), she didn't think I needed the sexual health screening on my exposure. 'Take some time off work, relax and move on'.
Oral Sex on a woman or Cunniligus (however in the hell its spelled) is not considered a risk for HIV cuts in the mouth or not.  No one has ever gotten HIV in that fashion.  There would have to be a significant transfer of blood and if that were to happen you would not be going down on her, you d be in the hospital.

What has to happen in order for you to get HIV?  Well dont use condoms, and share needles.  But oral on a woman carries no risk at all.  

How do I know if the gland is swollen, I dont, go see your doctor about that.  You dont have HIV its prob your imagination.  You are correct that there would be more nodes swollen not just one.
What about if you very briefly put your penis in her mouth. I mean literally one thrust, and she may have had bleeding gum?
No one has ever been infect from receptive oral sex. NO RISK..
No-one? Why the levels of risk? What about cuts in the mouth?

I feel a lot better now, still got very loose stools though, this could be due to stress.

Is it worth a test?
No it is not a cause to have a test.
Teak is right no one has ever infected from receptive oral sex on a woman or insertive oral sex for a man, is only a theorical risk, like the one saying not to share thootbrushes, razors, ect,
I am going to the GUM clinic tomorrow. Anxiety has taken over me. I am thinking what happens if her gums/cheeks were bleeding and got down my urethra? Even though it was a split second I still feel grim.

After a couple of weeks gum ulcers, 5 weeks groin and stomach ache, very loose stools for a while, lack of sleep, no appetitie, constantly on my mind, sore/dry throat and muscles in my neck/shoulders and chest hurt. Plus sometimes a tingle feeling on the backs of my hands. It has been 9 weeks now and although I no longer have stomach ache or loose stools I feel bad still. I was also thinking I may have had a cut in my mouth when I went down on her (for like 10 seconds). Can all of this be anxiety? How can there be no chance of HIV?

Help please...
Saliva contains a dozen different proteins and enzymes that inhibit HIV transmission.
heres some advice...

*DONT* go down on hookers. thats just DURT
MOVE ON..
Throat and Urine test back as negative for everything.

They won't test for HIV/Syphilis for 2 more weeks to take it to the 12 week mark. They did however say the chances of contracting anything are slim. More likely to win the lottery!

However, they did ask about who I have been having sex with (this has always been protected). Why does it matter if the condom stayed on?

Plus is there a risk to rimming if I were the 'rimmer'

Teak, you seem the most knowledgeable!

I think, here the doctors (Dr. HHH and Dr. Hook) said that it carries negligible risk of catching hiv from performing cunnilinglus. So you stay relax. However, just to have a peace of mind, you can go for a routine bloodtest after 6-8 weeks. You can for sure expect a negative result.
HIV Negative. Wonderful news. Even with a lot of the 'symptoms' I am fine.

Teak gives great advice I wish I had listened and not spent 3 months in a horrible self-induced hell hole.