HIV Prevention Community
Oral sex risk

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Oral sex risk

I will describe you my situation in many details as I can remember and I hope someone could help me. I had protective (condom) oral sex (giving) with unknown man of unknown HIV status. It lasted couple of minutes, and he did not ejaculate at all. The condom I believe did not burst, but it was dark, and I could not tell for sure.

Four days later I began feeling sick, and had low fever. On the fifth day, fever was getting worse (101.8) and lasted for day and a half like that. Although it is flu period currently, I am a little bit scared, but also there were some good reasons for me to catch flu certainly.

I did not have sore throat (just a little bit), no skin rash, and no swollen lymph nodes. Also on the 6th day after possible infection, I did not have flue at all. I feel tired a little bit, but I believe it is bcs of the fever.

I have read on the Internet that ASR symptoms develop from 2-4 weeks after possible infection and not this soon. Is this true? Also, could you please tell me what was my risk in your opinion?

Thank you very much,
Johnny
Oral sex is not a risk of HIV transmission with or without a condom.
Teak thank you very much!
Please let me know one more thing.

Could the first symptoms of HIV develop in just couple of days after the infection (4-5 days)?
No.