HIV Prevention Community
Oral sex with pre-ejaculate on the outside of the condom

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

What is the risk of hiv transmission, when the condom was put on backwards and the guy had pr-ejaculate on his penis and then the condom was turned around?  Lets say the guy was in fact hiv positive would this be a risk factor?
No risk at all.
Teak- Thanks for the reply.  I do have a follow up though.  Dr. Hook and Handsfield have stated that during vaginal and anal sex, that the condom turned around (having pre-ejaculate on the outside) was a risk factor that did need hiv testing.  Could you explain why this situation with giving oral was different?  I should have also stated that although I did'nt have bleed ing gums or sores, I did brush my teeth about an hour before this happened.
When the condom was reverse to the correct side it was exposed to air and temperature change an renders the virus if one infected  inactive.

Oral sex is not a risk of HIV transmission. Saliva is not infectious and contains over a dozen different enzymes and proteins that inhibits HIV transmission.