HIV Prevention Community
Oral sex with stranger. Swollen lymph nodes.

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hi, I'm freaking out. I'm a 23 yo male and had a regrettable encounter with a stranger. I gave oral with a condom on. At some point the condom slipped off, but I hadn't noticed and gave him a handjob for about 5 seconds. Then he put a new condom on and finished. I did give him oral with my hand (which had touched the unprotected penis) on the condom. No ejaculation in the mouth.

~4 days later, noticed swelling in my right lymph node under my jaw. 5 days later, right tonsils swells and may have sore throat, with slight fever. More lymph nodes at the bottom of the neck swollen.

My question is are these symptoms consistent with ARS. What are my chances of being infected with HIV? I've been so stressed out and there have been stretches when I thought of nothing else for hours. Is my fear legitimate?
oral sex does not transmit hiv.

please read the forum, as it is full of posts regarding oral sex.