PEP, night sweats, seroconversion, negative results chances.
Hi everyone,

Last weekend (Saturday night - Sunday morning) I stupidly allowed myself to have unprotected aggressive-anal and passive/aggressive-oral sex. About an hour after I found out that the person has sex with people that have HIV. The person tried to assure me that they were clean, had an HIV test last March that came back negative, and that I was the first person they had sex with since November (as if March 2011 to November conveniently doesn't matter). On a website they used their profile said that their HIV status is "undetected" - they assured me that it wasn't their profile and they were clean. I rushed to the hospital, and after 5 hours of waiting (about 10 hours after finishing sex - so within 24 hours of possible exposure) I was prescribed, and took, my first round of PEP. It's almost been a full 7 days, but for the past 2 or 3 days I've woken up every morning sweating like crazy. The first day that I took PEP I was fine, the second day I felt extremely sick and kept throwing up, and since I've felt fine but I've been waking up sweaty.

Does this mean that I actually have contracted HIV and PEP is working / my immune system is being compromised and PEP isn't working? I am taking a combination of Kaletra and Truvada. I had a rapid HIV test and rapid STI/STD test done this past Tuesday and they all came back negative. I seriously regret choosing to engage in such high risk behavior - one night's actions could impact the rest of my life. Ugh.

If anyone has any information (or experience) with PEP and nightsweats, PEP and chances of success / failure (as well as the factors that can affect the outcome), or any other useful information I would greatly appreciate it. The next 3-6 months are about to be a hell of a journey.
"It's almost been a full 7 days, but for the past 2 or 3 days I've woken up every morning sweating like crazy."

side effects of meds
Like lizzie said, probably side effects, those meds are extremely rough on the system.  Just remember to test 3 months after your last dose of nPEP.  Good thing you sought the nPEP out, and you started it very early on after your exposure.  That's all is good.
Thanks ladies, I appreciate it.
http://www.ehealthme.com/cs/pep/night+sweats I found this which is not very promising I see this is an old post. please update as other people may be in a similar situation :-(
Please note side effects of Kaletra and Stavudine, which include sweating:
http://www.drugs.com/sfx/kaletra-side-effects.html
http://www.drugs.com/sfx/stavudine-side-effects.html

Since this thread is old and the original participants are no longer taking part, we'll close it now.   Thanks!

Claire
______________________________________________________

******** CLOSED DISCUSSION ********

No more comments, please.