HIV Prevention Community
PEP 28 days test HIV

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

PEP 28 days test HIV

Dear Doc,

I did a stupid mistake of going to a CSW in a red light district in india. The condom had burst and my ejaculate dipped out as I withdraw. I am not sure if the condom burst during ejaculation due the build of of pressure during this time. What if it broke before and did not notice it. Either ways I assume my mucous membranes would be exposed for at-least 30 seconds with the CSW. She says she uses condoms but cannot be entirely sure as CSWs usually do not have a say on condom usage, in such a scenario was administered PEP after 3 hours since the exposure. Have taken two tablets daily of ziduvidine and limovudiene. Now would the PEP be effective if there was a delay of 2 - 3 hours in the regimen, also once the delay was 18 hours instead of 12 hour break. that i took the next tablet. Now there were docs who said to discontinue PEP & the others who asked me to finish the 28 day regimen. What are the chances i would get HIV/seroconvert in-spite of the PEP. Just the next day of episode docs noticed a lesion on the penis Docs are again two sided here in the same hospital and clinic. I was in the clear for all stds since this event. Some say a single lesion would not appear the next day, the rest say its a traumatic lesion other saying its HSV & hence PEP is required. Also have urinary infection with clear watery discharge and am taking azithromysin. Worst of all my marriage is fixed in feb next year. Would a 80 - 85 day period test be conclusive about my status post exposure to go ahead with the marriage or should I cancel it as I am completely sure the girl would not accept me if otherwise. Is there any test you advise if I am clear to know the status early. Its 28 days since exposure and PEP, should I test and how sure can I be of the test result? Need your urgent guidance please. Is the test conclusive post 90 days after last dose of PEP or exposure?
Docs or any well informed person please guide me here.
3 months after last dose of PEP is when you can test. We can not guide you on PEP as that is something for the Dr who prescribed you to take to do.
Hi Vance many thanks for the reply can u please assess my risks as I am really worried to the hilt.
Condom broke=risk.
yes I do know its a risk but is it very high risk or meduim or low risk since I took PEP. sorry for again asking but ur reply will really help pleasse.

I
When it comes ot HIV a risk is a risk.
As discussed with my docter a venerologist,, she asked me to take a p24 antigen test at 29 days which is -ve. She says no need for antibody testing, as the PEP has worked and i am -ve. Can I feel relived or am I not safe yet?

Docs rationale is pep will not affect p24 antigen levels, if seroconverted and pep failed they would be high and detected. Should I test for antibody as well?