HIV Prevention Community
PEP HIV -

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

PEP HIV -

Hi ALL,

2 years ago I got 28 days pep (TRUVADA+PREZISTA)
All works fine, no seroconversion occurred.

Now, my doubt is, this drug, even when taken for a few days, may cause permanent damage to the body?
It 's been a verified a long-term toxicity of PEP drug?

Thanks in advance
PEP is not long term. It's only used for 28 days. Can it cause problems, yes like all other medicatins. You should have received the paperwork with the prescriptions that described the problems that one could possible get.
You should have talked to the doctor who pescribed nPEP about the side effects,etc.
PEP dose do appose a chance of sideeffects but they are from Mild to Moderate...

Some mild side effects -- nausea , vomiting , Diarhhea and headche

Some moderate or may be worse side effects -- kidney damage , heart problems ...

But some people do not have Side effects of PEP. Some MAY face it but it is far better then to test Positive , isnt it ?
PEP is known to cause liver and kidney failure and no not all the side effects are mild.
The antiretroviral regimen used in PEP is used to treat AIDS .

And bro you know better then me of AIDS.
That means that ARV therapy can cause liver and kidney damage aswell.
The medication is used to treat HIV in hopes that the positive person never progresses to AIDS.
Antivirals 101
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-exposure_prophylaxis#section_3

The antiretroviral regimen used in PEP is the same as the standard highly active antiretroviral therapy used to treat AIDS. It requires close compliance and can have unpleasant side effects including malaise, fatigue, diarrhea, headache, nausea and vomiting.[4]

Bro now dont tell me that even WIKIPEDIA IS ALSO WRONG!!!

Do you take antivirals?
WIKIPEDIA MAKES NO GUARANTEE OF VALIDITY

Wikipedia is an online open-content collaborative encyclopedia, that is, a voluntary association of individuals and groups working to develop a common resource of human knowledge. The structure of the project allows anyone with an Internet connection to alter its content. Please be advised that nothing found here has necessarily been reviewed by people with the expertise required to provide you with complete, accurate or reliable information.

That is not to say that you will not find valuable and accurate information in Wikipedia; much of the time you will. However, Wikipedia cannot guarantee the validity of the information found here.
I apologise ... I am sorry .
Sorry Brother i really dont mean it.... Sorry for being Pathetic..
Are you HIV+?
No ! I am not and i will pray to god for those who are positive for a cure ..

One thing i have taught from my parents and elders that ...

'God has never created a disease without It's cure'

Hope we can find a cure for this deadly virus .
There has never been a cure for the common cold, that is also a  virus which has been around longer than HIV.
Brother , common cold virus are what they sound COMMON... And they are not forever and hence they cure itself in sometime but HIV IS FOREVER and not curable till date.

Sorry once again brother for that wikipedia post .
Like I said, there is no cure and a lot easier to transmit than HIV.