HIV Prevention Community
PLZ HELP seborrheic dermatitis(eczema) is it a sign of HIV?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

seborrheic dermatitis(eczema) is it a sign of HIV?

IN THEBODY.COM they said NO IT`S NOT

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Infections/Archive/Skin/Q77333.html

BUT IN THE ECZEMANET THE SAID IT IS

http://www.skincarephysicians.com/eczemanet/seborrheic_dermatitis.html

AND HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL THEY SAID YES????

WHO TO BELEIVE?    PLEASE HELP CUZ I HAD IT WITH MY SYMPTOMS IN MY HAND AND THE DOCTOR TOLD ME IT ECZEMA. AND I TESTED NEGATIVE BEFORE 16 WEEK NOW I HAVE ALOT OF SYMPTOMS THOUGHT

PLZ HELP
13 weeks is conclusive and no, seborrheic dermatitis is not a primary symptom of HIV infection.
Avatar n tn
okat teak thanks alot but can i ask you why they said that?

for me im in midle east and i had a test after 16 week during this time i had low fever (maybe from anixty) , i think swelling lymph nodes , and the eczema big red pimple) in week 20 after the test and the doctor told me its eczema. and before the eczema stuff i had bad sore throat. i think i had every symptoms during the 16 week before the test and after . and i think eczema back after 3 years from these things in my face like light and soft pimple not that red just light and i think in my waist for 1 week and disspear

my qustaion is why they said 90% of infected hiv peolpe will have eczema? like harvard school and eczemanet.? and other sites like yahoo ...etc cuz i never had eczema in my life

is 16 week is consclsive?  NOTE: i dont know what type of elisa genration they test ( that was in 2002 ) middle east 3erd world.

i had low fever and swelling lymph nodes and stocmch pain (maybe from anixtey) when i did the test ...is that the ARS which mean the test will come fase-negative?
these days when they hiv things came to my mind i didnt eat for at least 5 days such sitting on the net and searching and searching ...

im five years since that stupid high risk

please help and thanks so much TEAK for your time to answer