HIV Prevention Community
Painful lumps under the armpit

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Painful lumps under the armpit

Gud day doctor, pls tel me one gud answer and i will never ask any question again....below is my xact problem. four months back i had an unprotected sex with a highschool girl who is not a commercial sex worker. it lasted for only a minute or so...a week my armpit was very itchy i even pull off my shirt to scratch the armpits after a week i noticed some lumps under my right armpit and i keep touching them they got enlarged at a certain point and very painful...after some days it switched (not at the same) to the left armpit enlarged and also painful it all happened and disappear in just two weeks(i have no other symptoms what so ever). But b4 the sex encounter i hav some irregularities with my armpits since the tym ive changed my deodorant to antiperspirant which i use to spray at a close distance. Now my questions
1. What is the relationship btw painful nodes and ARS symptoms cos i read in this forum dat painful node is not a symptomn of ARS

2. What is my risk exposure(unprotected sex once that lasts 1 minute and i ejaculate outside the vagina)

3. If a person is under going ARS must he have all or most of the symptoms at the same time or is it one after the other

4. can the lymph i described be a symptom of HIV with no sore throat, no fever no rash nothin

5. I learned that antiperspirants can cos the nodes under the armpit to get swollen and painful if used improperly, is that true?

lastly remember am an Nigerian who is studying abroad, we got tested 2 yrs back to get our residence permit. And the episode happens last summer in Nigeria. pls doctor dnt try to calm me because i will do as u suggest....am a little bit worried. thanks
wel thanks for ur response but do u have any idea bout that just want to knw.....it seems lyk ur comment wasnt pleasing...lol
Chris is right and if you find his comment was not pleasing well that's the truth.
You have unprotected sex so you have put yourself at risk for all STDs incl. HIV. Use condom in the future if you can't resist to have sex with someone of unknown status.
Get tested at 3 months mark.
Goodluck.

GOD Bless!