HIV Prevention Community
Penis abrasion/inflammation/cut masturbation hiv risk
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Penis abrasion/inflammation/cut masturbation hiv risk

Hello,

I have been totally scared these days thinking about this recent sexual encounter with commercial sex worker.

I have masturbated rigorously yesterday evening that my penis head/glans and foreskin got visible cut/abrasion/inflammation.  I went to a CSW the same day around 5 hours of incident. The CSW masturbated my penis (her hands were definitely touching her vagina and there must be vaginal fluids). Then we put condom on and did a protected sex.  Later I took off the condom (And I remember touching my foreskin with dirty hands.)

Now as I am reading, it says that penis foreskin and Glans (glands) have mucous membranes with immune cell linings susceptible to HIV infection. And Inflammation on sensitive skin in contact dramatically increases risk of HIV infection. Can you please let me know early of my risk of HIV and if I should rush for PEP immediately?

Thanks
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
The cut/abrasion is around 0.5mm wide. I came back to check and found transparent fluid coming out from it (not blood). I am totally scared now. Please advise if I should rush for PEP? And this is a Sunday most of clinics are closed. Please advise.
Blank
173692_tn?1371540094
You never had an exposure from masturbation.
Blank
Hello Teak, Thank you for your reply.  So the vaginal fluids on visible sore cuts/abrasions do not pose a risk for HIV infection? And I shouldn't seek PEP?
Blank
173692_tn?1371540094
No you shouldn't seek nPEP, you never had an exposure. HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Blank
Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker