HIV Prevention Community
Penis touched wet vagina, no penetration. Should I worry?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I recently had sex with my second partner for the first time. Before this I have been tested and know I was not HIV positive. This was the first girl I have been with since then. While having sex at some point I took the condom off and briefly rubbed the head of my penis against her wet vagina. I did not actually penetrate with my unprotected penis and contact could not have been for more than six seconds.

I can not stop thinking about it and can not wait for 12 weeks to go by so I can get tested. I think I am worrying so much mainly because this was only the second girl I have ever been with.

How at risk am I?

Thank you!
From the other posts I have read it sounds like I have almost nothing to worry about. Regardless, I am still a little worried and can not wait for someone to reply to this thread.

Another question, if a womans vagina is very wet and I am rubbing my unprotected penis on the outside of her vagina (no penetration) this is considered low risk?

I just talked to the girl on the phone a second ago also...I asked her about HIV and when the last time she was tested. She said she was tested when she had her daughter (about five years ago) and said she was also tested last summer after being raped. Sweet jesus! Just because she tested negative last summer doesn't really mean anything to me, but at least I know she has been tested twice at some point.

Moral of the story...I will never put myself into this predicament again. Way too nerve racking!
Stop worrying. Everyone here - myself included - is going to tell you that your risk was negligible. You did not engage in unprotected sex, since you didn't penetrate her without a condom. You don't even need an HIV test.
Phew, thats all I really wanted to hear. I thought the same thing myself, but sometimes it sounds so much sweeter coming from someone else. Thank you for the quick response, it means a lot to me!